*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837013-The-Day-of-The-Tech-Kids-ClangClangClang-The-end-is-nigh
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#837013 added December 25, 2014 at 9:12am
Restrictions: None
The Day of The Tech-Kids *Clang*Clang*Clang* The end is nigh


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triffid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_of_the_Triffids




Will computers sneak off with our story telling passion? Will writers be obsolete in the future? Will we be stung with venomous unemployment figures, and the blame gamers who think everyone just wants to sit around getting paid for doing nothing?

Next time you think that is so, take some time to go to your local Centrelink or whatever social security is called (if it exists) in your country. Yes, it's better than being on the street penniless, but there is no queue to be there voluntarily.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/machines-coming-take-our-jobs-so-which-ones-ilya-...

There is a growing attitude against those people in the lower learning spectrum who don't have suitable jobs. There are fewer labouring jobs, and the ones that can be created with basic self employer businesses are starved out by red tape and big frogs in little puddles, who stifle entrepreneurship, because who knows? I have been there, and although technically minded myself, I have experienced first hand what it's like lining up with everyone else for social security "hand-outs". The feeling is very confidence draining, and the money is a fraction of that necessary to live like those with jobs.

People who have never experienced this, ie those with higher education and mental ability, don't get it. They don't understand that the majority of these people on benefits are definitely not there by choice, yet the blame is firmly there. "These people who bludge and so forth on our hard earned tax dollars etc".
I'm not sure what the solution might be, but the warning is there. The attitude and blame doesn't line up with the reality. People feel bad when they can't earn honestly with their own energy, thinking, and choices. That feeling leads to unrest, especially when laws and those who enforce them are programmed to deal harshly with those on the lower financial grade.
Yes, there are those who live off, who free-load off the public purse.

But I believe there are many many people all over the world who don't know where to turn next, as far as meaningful satisfying employment, and the higher self esteem that comes when you know you are earning your keep like the rest of humanity.

Folks. What is the answer?

Should computers be ruled out when it takes away jobs for people, just for the sake of profit?

Whatever it is, it needs to be formulated, and put into our systems Asap.

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837013-The-Day-of-The-Tech-Kids-ClangClangClang-The-end-is-nigh