*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837127-Spokane-Third-Time-in-18-months
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#837127 added December 26, 2014 at 7:42am
Restrictions: None
Spokane, Third Time in 18 months!
         Back at it in Spokane last week, same customer as I taught in November.  I like the area, but I have to say that the one way streets in Spokane drive me crazy!  Most of downtown seems to be one way streets, and when you couple that with a lot of road construction in the heart of downtown, it can make getting around a bit difficult.  And being winter now, it gets dark very early, so I don't explore near as much as I would in the spring and summer.  Still, it was a great week.  *Smile*

         I did visit a German restaurant while there, and have to say I was a bit disappointed.  I was hoping for authentic German fare, but it seemed to be a bit average.  If you ever get there and happen to eat at 'Das Stein Haus', let me know what you think of it.  I did find a place that had decent Sushi, called Sushi.com (couldn't understand why they have a web address as their restaurant name), but the food there was excellent overall.

         I've come to realize that I am somewhat of a 'food snob' when I travel.  I don't mean to be, but I know that for me to really enjoy my dinner, and think well of a place, three things need to be there for me.  If it's just one of three, then the meal is so-so, and I may not return.  If it's two out of three, it's a nice place, and I will probably return.  But if it's three of three, then I will return, guaranteed.  What are those three things?  Simple things, at least in my eyes.

1.  Atmosphere

2.  Decent Service

3.  Good Food

         The service doesn't have to be top notch or really quick.  The food doesn't have to be five star quality.  But it must have an atmosphere, it has to make me feel comfortable and welcomed.  Maybe that's why I enjoy Bubba Gump Shrimp so much.  Food is very average.  Service usually good.  But I love the atmosphere.  Not sure why, and I'm sure I can't explain it.  Okay, enough rambling for this time.  Til next time (February as of now!), y'all stay warm in the winter, and enjoy yourselves.

© Copyright 2014 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837127-Spokane-Third-Time-in-18-months