*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838143-No-Sick-Time-for-You
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2011330
This blog will highlight insights from my odd and somewhat weird life.
#838143 added January 7, 2015 at 6:40pm
Restrictions: None
No Sick Time for You
I took two sick days from my job. Well, even though I was technically on sick time, I was still getting called every single hour by somebody. The boss called four times and various and sundry sales associates, fundraisers, kids, family, etc. called. One of those calls was me calling in a panic asking if the letter and checks to such and such went out, and then make sure that it got sent out that day. What a pain.





But since my temp could not work today, I had to go in and clean up the remnants of the bosses New Year's mailings. It's not done, but I know already that the mailing is going to be a disaster because: 1) he put the wrong postage on the mailings even though I gave him the correct rate chart on three separate occasions, and 2) none of the electronics were working correctly.





I used to have a Native American friend whose favorite mantra was: If things in the finite world go crazy, you are doing it wrong. She is probably laughing at us right about now, or maybe she is playing one of her pranks....that would not be far from her style.






© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838143-No-Sick-Time-for-You