*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838879-Many-accomplishments----May-I-have-a-gold-star-now
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#838879 added January 17, 2015 at 9:21pm
Restrictions: None
Many accomplishments -- May I have a gold star now?
I just wanted to document without bragging on Facebook that the house got some attention today. It's barely the start of the second third of Winter, but we essentially did Spring cleaning.
Every layer of bedding was washed and dried, and beds remade, and dogs put in their place -- which is not the master's bed -- except when we are unconscious already, and we ourselves occupy the bed at night, which of course is the signal for all dogs to cuddle in.

The other big accomplishment was driving the older car to the coin-operated car wash to hose it and scrub it down, only to return it to our assigned parking space for later re-inspection by the tow company that our property management recently hired. Had to go dig up the rental agreement when we found it had a warning posted on it; stating it was dirty, appeared abandoned, and unregistered, and thus subject to tow. Well, they don't know our struggle, obviously. It has been a good car, and its age makes it difficult to pass the required CA Smog Check. It's fees are paid, but no sticker as yet. It has been missing a window for many years, and in the year we've been at this location, someone has twice taken advantage and broken into it for items that were not valuable (Monetary valuation aside, I'd still like my jacket, my fifty cents, and my walking stick back, of course.) We plan on leaving several fact-filled notes (read: piece of my mind) that state: This car has now been washed. Hello? Drought!?! This car runs, and is registered with the DMV. Despite this excellent parking location, thieves have stolen a cripple's good walking stick and a personalized windbreaker from the car. We appreciate you respecting our use of our one assigned parking space, and our placing our other car with security features on the street. Go make your commission off someone double-parking or blocking the fire lanes -- Thank you!


Best line from Tin Man (2007)
"You know you really should do something about that BITTER cynicism of yours Cain."

Cain:
"Why? Someones gotta keep your wide eyed optimism in check."
DDOSF gift courtesy of Highwind

© Copyright 2015 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838879-Many-accomplishments----May-I-have-a-gold-star-now