*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839432-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#839432 added January 24, 2015 at 10:13pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
It's bedtime so this will have to be a short, quick entry. Not that I have to get up early for work in the morning; the first time I don't have to work a Sunday morning in a long time. Instead, Rhonda is going in to work tomorrow morning, and since it takes her a bit longer to get ready than it does me, she wants to get up at five, instead of our normal six o'clock routine.

I will still work, but instead of going in and opening, I'm going in tomorrow afternoon and working till closing. It started when the guy who usually closes wanted to take the night off. But, then he got into a bit of a mess, and since he has had multiple written warnings, could easily gotten fired. I was nice and gave him one more chance to do things right. At the same time as he messed up, he decided he wanted next Sunday night off, too.

With his write up, I easily could have cancelled his current night off, but didn't. But, I could not justify giving him another Sunday night off when he just messed up. There was only one way to get him his night off, and at the same time, show him that this is serious. So, from now on, instead of me opening and Rhonda working the afternoon, then this guy closing up on Sunday nights, Rhonda will open and work half some of the afternoon and I will take the rest and work until close.

That's hopefully going to reinforce to this guy that he is on very thin ice, and doesn't allow any room for more screw ups.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839432-Saturday