*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841048-Unintentional-observation
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#841048 added February 10, 2015 at 7:39pm
Restrictions: None
Unintentional observation
Sometimes I find myself so self-conscious in a group of people that I am unable to observe the way I intend. I hate being this way and wonder if anyone has this problem and has found any solution? For example, my writers' group has a speaker presentation at our library every month, usually someone somehow involved with writing. The last one was a journalist, now retired, but continuing to freelance. Before the meeting I am always listing in my mind how I want to observe what people are wearing, what they do with their hands, how they choose their seat, are they talkative or quiet, do they come alone or with someone, do they linger after or leave promptly...or even before the end. I am looking for new characteristics. But when I get to the meeting, sometimes, as this last time, I am asked to do something and get so anxious I forget to observe. Then, later, sometimes if I really concentrate, I am able to "bring back" some observations I did not know I was making. So...maybe observing becomes an unconscious habit over time and with intentional practice when possible. Does this happen to you?

until next time...c

© Copyright 2015 Have a sunshiny day! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Have a sunshiny day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841048-Unintentional-observation