*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841306-Vday-Surprise
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rayyna
Rated: E · Book · Other · #2012444
A blog tracking my journey as a writer.
#841306 added February 13, 2015 at 3:30pm
Restrictions: None
Vday Surprise
Week 60 / Prompt 4 - Share an interesting/funny story/anecdote from your life.

Invalid Photo #1038506


I'm going to brag about the cute little valentine's day surprise I gave to Collin. I'd been telling him for weeks that I had no interest in doing anything for Valentine's day, because I made the fool mistake of filing for divorce last year ON Vday, so I had no interest in immediately turning around and celebrating it, even though I have a new man. So he's not planned anything, and I'm fine with that.  But I had a brilliant idea that I simply had to do, because there would be no way for me to remember it a year from now.

I cut little hearts out of pink paper, as shown above, and wrote little "I love you" statements on them. Collin's been sick all week, unfortunately, so we haven't really seen each other much. Last night, though, I told him I was going over to his place, and we'd just take care not to get me sick as much as we could.

Well, he went to bed really early but I wasn't sleep yet, so I stayed up. After he'd fallen asleep, I stashed the little hearts all over his apartment. I hid some of them fairly well (one of them SUPER well - good luck finding that one!), and others were in plain sight. I knew at least one or two of them would be spotted when he got up in the morning, so I'd get to enjoy the surprise with him.

The first one he spotted was in the closet - the heart I'd put in his shoe. He gave me his adorable "aww" and came over for a hug and a peck on my cheek as I smiled giddily from bed. He spotted another one as he got dressed and laughed. He then went into the living room and promptly found another six more - under his keyboard and mouse, under the WiiU controller, and a host of other spots. It was such fun hearing him giggle every time he found one. I know he found the one in the microwave, and laughed heartily when he found the two in the bathroom. Everyone made me smile, and I know he heartily enjoyed them.

I hid a few particularly well in hopes that he would find them much later and remember that he is special to me. We've hopefully got a move coming up, which may make most of the remaining lost hearts be found as we pack up. One though.. he'll have to dig for.

Sometimes, super simple and cheap ideas make for the best gifts.




© Copyright 2015 Rayyna (UN: rayyna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rayyna has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841306-Vday-Surprise