*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841871-The-banana-benders-are-in-for-a-blow-Brace-yselves
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#841871 added February 19, 2015 at 6:56am
Restrictions: None
The banana benders are in for a blow. Brace y'selves
This blog contains dangerous and tasteless information. Read with caution. You couldn't write a book with this stuff in it. No one would believe it. That's why I've written it in this blog entry. No body believes my blogs anyway, since that time I claimed to live in a hut and use an ancient laptop powered by a generator.

"I've pretended, to everyone, for too long. Its 'fess up time

Reminds me, I have to swim out and finish that washing up I left on the dining table.

On with important news. This is a serious part.

Invalid Photo #1038552

"SEVERE TROPICAL CYCLONE MARCIA continues to intensify, category 5 now forecast for landfall. The VERY DESTRUCTIVE CORE of severe tropical cyclone Marcia, with gusts to 295 km/h, is expected to cross the coast between Mackay and Gladstone on Friday morning."

https://www.facebook.com/QueenslandPolice/photos/a.399029753253.175744.339665603...

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/26349120/qld-residents-crews-brace-for-cyclone-m...

I sure hope nobody is injured. Be safe folks!

Earthquake, cyclone Marcia, and now cyclone Lam.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-19/category-three-cyclone-lam-tracking-along-...

All these Australian made (manufactured mostly offshore of course, but assembling itself ready to make landfall) natural disasters must just add to the dangerous impression people overseas have of this country, and the "weird mob" who inhabit these island (and continental) shores.

https://www.textpublishing.com.au/books/they-re-a-weird-mob Everyone should read that book to gain a little "education" about Austraya and how to conduct yourself when you come here. Well, maybe that book is a little out of date nowadays. You can't just walk into a builder's labourer job now without at least steel cap boots and a white card (site safety ticket), plus some high viz on, maybe eye protection and a hard hat wouldn't go astray.

Oh, and get those extension cords safety tested and tagged, plus your earth leakage protective device that must be part of your multiple power outlet box.

And forget coming onsite unless you've A. been invited and have an authorised purpose, and B. You've been inducted on all the site specific dangers and location of the med kits, the fire extinguishers and the place where everyone goes to if there's an evac for whatever reason. Just GO THERE.

*******


That's the mainland, that unwelcoming place. The dangers to tourists. Well, lets not get too carried away, 'cos we want you to come here. Just not right now while there's a Down Under version of hurricanes happening.

The mainland is one thing.

Tasmania is quite another.



Sometimes I've been so creeped out, living in this shady, whispering voiced place that I've taken photos of the incidents or scenes, and made sort of an album to warn people what to expect before visiting here. Creepy, unsafe and just...not..quite right. I took most of these pics myself, so I can authenticate the situation. Not staged. Except maybe the witchy looking gal with her broom cat. Yes a cat whose name is Frankenstein. It's a she. The cat. So is the witch.


Creepy, unsafe and hostile Tasmania. If a "widow maker" branch doesn't get you, the devils will. And they don't leave anything after their meal...



Whoever erected this sign wasn't to be trifled with, reading the addition to the sign..



Pedestrians safety? Nah, not our job...



Don't bother cleaning up. Just write a sign on a bit of scrap cardboard. That'll fix it!



NOT family friendly.



It's not the date on step of our house that "gets" me, it's the AIR HOLES drilled into the timber door step. What did they keep under there that scratched 1950 into the concrete? Perhaps it took them a decade to do it using a long piece of fencing wire.



Are they still under there? I won't think about it.

Moving on. You can visit this "safe" tourist attraction. WELCOME!



And Let's not even mention A Dying Breed, Tasmanian's very own modern day Cannibal movie, or the real convict era past on which this was based.



"Dying Breed Theatrical Poster" by Source. Licensed under Fair use via Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dying_Breed_Theatrical_Poster.jpg#mediaviewer/...



I know just how Link felt about "the damage" he did. Well, I wouldn't like to damage Tasmanian tourist hopes by a few cheap photos, so let me just say that Tasmania is really a beautiful place, as you'd already know, and that we moved here in the first place because of the state's beauty, friendliness and an idyllic lifestyle.

I can vouch for that first hand. Living the dream. (Except whatever's under our house)

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841871-The-banana-benders-are-in-for-a-blow-Brace-yselves