*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842071-Freezing-in-Frigid-Sioux-Falls
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#842071 added February 21, 2015 at 7:29am
Restrictions: None
Freezing in Frigid Sioux Falls
         Two weeks ago, I went to Warner-Robins Georgia on short notice.  We're talking 24 hours short notice.  It was 'only' a two day class, so I had little time to do much, other than go to work each morning, find a place to eat that night, and repeat the following day.  I did drive back to Atlanta on Friday night for a Saturday morning flight.  I stayed the night in Atlanta because I refused to fly on Friday the 13th*Laugh*

         This past week, I went to Sioux Falls on even shorter notice!  i was working with a couple of co-workers on Monday when another instructor came in.  He wanted to talk to me about his class he would be delivering this past week.  It was the same class I was delivering in Schaumburg, but with a totally different look to it.  Our radio systems are designed to be deployed in certain configurations.  But there's always something new that we haven't seen before.  Such was the case with the system in Sioux Falls.  This instructor is relatively new to our systems, and while his knowledge is rock solid, he hasn't seen a lot of variations in system installation.  He expressed concern about the delivery, and the next thing I knew, I had been told to arrange to go there in his place.  This conversation occurred on Monday at 2:45pm, by three I had my reservations made, and went home to pack.  I worked the Pub that night (It was very slow, so I was able to leave early).

         Sioux Falls is a nice town, a little small, but very nice.  The students were great, and I have to say, we made the right choice in sending me.  Several others could have gone, but I was the only one around when this all happened, so it fell to me.  It was FREEZING when I arrived, with the temperature hovering around zero.  With a brisk wind blowing, the wind chill was about -15.  Needless to say, I didn't do much outside, other than snap a couple of quick photos of the waterfalls the city is named for.

         Next week I'm off to Jacksonville, North Carolina.  At least this time it's a planned trip, not a last minute thing.  It's very cold this winter, stay warm, and keep writing!


© Copyright 2015 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842071-Freezing-in-Frigid-Sioux-Falls