*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845664-Brandishing-my-skills-in-Barrie-Ontario
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#845664 added May 31, 2015 at 7:49pm
Restrictions: None
Brandishing my skills in Barrie Ontario
         This week, I've been in Barrie, Ontario, Canada.  Once again, it's been the basic RF Course I teach that I'm here for.  Barrie is a small to mid size town/city about 50 miles north of Toronto.  It's still cold here, and quite a bit of snow can be seen.  I did find a couple of really nice restaurants to eat at while here.  The two I enjoyed the most for dinner, is Donaleigh's Irish Pub, and The Farmhouse.  While the Farmhouse is a good place to go, Donaleigh's is outstanding.  Both have a limited menu (not really big), but they both have excellent food.  I liked Donaleigh's more because of the overall charisma of the place.

         I did go to breakfast at a place called Cora's.  Had a Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict there.  While the food was excellent, the presentation was awesome.  It was accompanied by fresh fruit, and it was not just a little bit of berries here, a little sliced strawberry, grapes, etc.  It was a half a Banana cut to stand on end, a thick slice of Pineapple, a slice of Canteloupe, sliced Strawberries, Kiwi fruit, and a half of a small Orange or Tangerine. I could have had the fruit alone and been happy.  *Smile*

         The class itself went well, the students were new to RF, making them a perfect fit for this class.  This format of this class is what's known as a 'Regional Training Workshop', or RTW.  As such, I paid for morning coffee/.snacks, afternoon coffee/snacks, and lunch for all ten students every day.  They had quite the spread there, and the bill for four days was over $1300!  Thank God it's not my dime, that's all I can say.

         Next week I will be in Bowling Green Kentucky for a short class, and may only have 1 student.  Til then, y'all stay warm in this early cool spring, and keep on writing!

Jim

© Copyright 2015 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845664-Brandishing-my-skills-in-Barrie-Ontario