*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850835-A-Gully-Washer
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#850835 added June 2, 2015 at 7:04am
Restrictions: None
A Gully-Washer
The rain poured off my roof yesterday evening in a stream that would have filled a rain barrel, had I had one. We need the rain here in Florida where I live. It has been a dry spring. I have a hard time deciding whether my grass has grown enough to cut. Sometimes I can't see where the mower line is after I've been over it. A few dead branches were beaten off the pines in the back yard and lay now in grass that grew two inches overnight, but I am happy for the greenness *Smile*. The only sad thing...I couldn't see the Strawberry Moon. Wasn't there a song called Honey Moon? Keep a shinin' in June. I'll have to look that up. It just popped into my head.

My book club meets today, and I finally got through The Patriot Threat by Steve Berry, but I can't say I enjoyed it. I guess it just did not fit my taste in books. The only way I was able to read it was with the knowledge that Anne Tyler's A Spool of Blue Thread was waiting on my night table for me. I read her in two days. She never disappoints me, but I have had people tell me they cannot get into Anne Tyler. What? So there you have it. Just a different taste in books.

I'm back to walking early in the mornings now. It's so cool and beautiful with all the little wild flowers blooming in the "weeds" along the sidewalk, lovely wild violets and others I cannot name. School lets out here on Friday, the 4th. My walk will be quieter then because the middle and elementary schools are within walking distance of my subdivision. My walk includes a crossing guard whom I hate to but I have to ignore. That's not to say I don't "hello" and "how are you". She's friendly but I feel like a little kid, not following directions when I cross on my own. Isn't it funny how some things are so deeply rooted? I'm sure she could care less.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2015 Have a sunshiny day! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Have a sunshiny day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850835-A-Gully-Washer