*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853289-Silence-of-the-thoughts--prompt-wobbles-on-sanitys-edge
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#853289 added July 4, 2015 at 5:18am
Restrictions: None
Silence of the thoughts- prompt wobbles on sanity's edge
Have you ever considered that thoughts are people too?



They- baby thoughts- are born, helpless and struggling, mewling creatures that require lots of nurturing and TLC, otherwise they disappear forever, back where they came from; they reverse osmottically (? osmosis http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/osmosis) into our brain spaghetti. They stay in the form of void- what-if - juice.

Some thoughts are famous, towering into existence like city buildings, designed by the architects that occupy our mind at the time. Yes, there can be more than one voice seeding these sometimes disobedient little devils. These thoughts are what everybody has in their heads, echoing around ready to blip out onto the conveyor of speech, or in the case of the non-verbal, filter down according to need until they convert into action, the level of which can be catastrophic.

Thoughts can be in different colours of the spectrum, even invisible, and in various languages; not all these of the spoken.

Other thoughts are relatively unknown, some to the point of being completely original. Some thoughts are plain old commoners, others majestic, authoritarian, beast-like, primordial, twisted carnivorous entities that require conscious effort to muzzle and muffle. Sometimes they slip out without any girdle or guide, without censorship.

Free speech isn't always wise speech.

How much we can write depends on our state of mind. Right?
If we feel upset to the point of vacancy, not much literary work will be accommodated in the hotel/motel of our cerebral cortex vortex- seems obvious.

Or does it?

http://writeitsideways.com/writers-write-creativity-is-a-state-of-mind/?doing_wp...

Are thoughts grouped in some sort of statistical order? Or are they free radical, potentially carcinogenic growing, mutating, breeding, crystallising, woven into strings of purpose, "put out there" to be devoured by Pacmanthen-like ears.

http://www.usablestats.com/lessons/noir

Nominal
Things grouped statistically by name. Discrete data.
Eg. Cars. Writers. Australians. Really cool people. Poets who don't know it.
Coffee cups

Ordinal
Things grouped by order- ranking, but uneven gaps between levels
Eg people subbed on WDC Free. Paid. Premium. Full cablooey :)
Eg2 People standing in a line in age level

Interval
Same as Ordinal except same gaps between the ranks or levels.
Eg people in a line by age but all with exactly 1 year between them
Apples graded to size exactly 5 ounces weight difference between each apple

Ratio
Interval data starting at zero
Eg time

Thanks Ghostranch for this addition to my thought process. Ironic, isn't it, how these tidbits can add up to an information smorgasbord, and we can assemble in the queue to rehash the leftovers for some other mastication process next time we think on it.

You did the test Jess, so you'd have more idea of what goes on with this stuff.
http://www.esourceresearch.org/longdesc/Widaman_Sec05_Exer2.html

Yes. It's all food for thought. That's a famous cliché isn't it? It has worn wheel tracks, ruts in our mind from being so famous, such a rabbit-fence of well known-ation, that we don't even think about it; we just remember it word for word.

So us writers, surely, would be walking through life, like a crew of locals searching bushland for a missing child, calling their name until sheer exhaustion forces them to return to base, yes. We'd be walking through our days of waking, casting our eyes around for more. More stimulation. More seeds. More ideas. More original thoughts we can weave into a fabric of interest, not always for others.

Often, I feel we are like musicians. The one who enjoys the music the most is the one playing it, immersed in it. Perhaps it is the same with this craft of writing.

There is an endless, bottomless well of new stuff we can tap into, like a Texas oilfield, swinging across the pendulum of followers and following on our Twitter presence and in thanking people. Yes. Folks is it Karma?
There is a profit that escapes many, I believe. I say this because of the very few thanks I have had for following others on Twitter. I'm not complaining (much).

When you thank a new follower, or someone who has "liked" your FB writing page, take the time to do something of immense personal profit. They benefit, and so do you. Both parties become winners.

What you do is take some time to look at who they are, what they do, their website, their blog, their whatever. You may feel this time is wasted. If you do, then go on your way and that's ok. But for those who want something MORE, the writers, the itchy nosed, curious crowd, you can gain so much freshly painted garage fulls of THOUGHTS from someone else's life.

This is legal and ethically sound and welcome STALKING. Ok, maybe not stalking of the creepy unwashed haired shadow loitering garden variety. No, this will pay dividends because it's clean. It's all about extending friendship, no, not with some sort of predetermined profit making. You may not find anything worthwhile, but you will have still made someone's life a little flicker brighter.

I shine the flashlight (Aussie TORCH), for a moment before the battery dims, on an example in my own Twitter grin group just for an example of what gold mines are there for the detecting. (More on THAT subject another time)

Someone followed me on Twitter called Brandon Scott. I'm a bit of a mushroom, plus unknown, so I like to Google everyone to see if they're famous *Laugh*, as well as to see who the heck are they?

https://twitter.com/r7brandon

https://r7.fm/

He wasn't this guy:Actor

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1792900/

or, it seems, this guy:Songwriter

http://www.presonus.com/community/artists/Brandon-Scott

If our priority for writing, in the first place, is for our own benefit (not necessarily selfishly; this could be therapeutic) then will we really need to worry about extreme reviews, whether bad or good?

Will purchasing followers, buying fame or artificial career success be at the top of our list of must-do's?

Will our bucket list become a bucket to contain the final product of unprofitable thinking; that which is rejected from our minds, bodies and even soul- when mastication has been sadly concentrated on forage of unpalatable poisonous prerequisites?

Prerequisite

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=define+prerequisite&oq=define+prerequisite&aq...

priːˈrɛkwɪzɪt/Submit
noun
1.a thing that is required as a prior condition for something else to happen or exist..



Fake Reviews, Spiteful reviews, purchased reviews, purchased followers and friends.

http://accrispin.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/amazon-takes-on-fake-review-services.ht...

http://imysantiago.com/2015/07/02/amazon-a-virtual-marketplace-or-big-brother/

After some fermentation of them, does it not strike you fair and square in your cerebellum that for thoughts to form, be ordered, take shape, grow, join, gather meaning, and be expelled- hopefully with some moderation- they must first be heard in our own mental ear.

There are times when I'm sure this process doesn't happen.

Eg. Hospitalised person, during operation cursing, or vocalising, whatever their mind contains with no control of logic or appropriateness.

Eg. Drunk or drugged person.

Eg. Semi consciousness or dreaming.

Eg. Hysteria

Eg. Acquired Brain Trauma.

Eg. Chemically imbalanced, mentally unstable or person not a "standard build" in the first place for whatever reason.

Invalid Photo #1040553

What if we purposely allowed our thoughts to knit garments by themselves using ambiguous input? I love that word; you can probably tell by now..

Dangerous territory driving a vehicle with no steering, brakes, indicators, lights or limitation on fuel source. If we allow this scenario to be, then we must ensure a quarantined area and our hand always on the kill switch.
But if our thoughts are in an unleashed, destructive, even self destructive, Jet-Lee-like state, then how can we hope to switch them off?

That action in itself requires thought. There, right there, is a good reason why I feel people who literally flick life's escape switch cannot be responsible.

And the sobering reality hits you.

Consequence of thoughts, the action, can truly be THOUGHTLESS, and the bearer NOT RESPONSIBLE.

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853289-Silence-of-the-thoughts--prompt-wobbles-on-sanitys-edge