*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856414-To-All-The-Girls
Rated: 18+ · Book · Music · #2051779
A semi-fictional account of the greatest hip-hop record ever created.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#856414 added August 4, 2015 at 10:54am
Restrictions: None
To All The Girls
How do you unpeel the onion? Where do I start, and where do you begin? I just wanted to be something; I have no control over where you'll take what you knew of me. This is my summer, after all, not yours. My mark to make. My person to reclaim...or destinate. I don't have a lot of choices.

I'm taking them all.

If you say I can't be had because you're not interested, that's all the better. F*** you. I'm throwing myself out and around 'cuz I don't know any better anyway. There are things I want, and there are things that make me happy, and I don't have to differentiate. I'm still a g**d*** kid, really...and don't waste your time trying to tell me to enjoy my life while the other side of your mouth means business. I hear a lot of words, but I don't know how to translate that.

I'll just do what comes naturally. Instinct. Eat, sleep, and hormones. I can play ball, and I will...or at least I'll figure it out. Everything's eventually, right? "Eventually". Hopefully. Maybe. Someday. Like me. Like you.

And all I know is we gotta start somewhere. Even if I don't like where you started off with me or if I agree with it. This is where I'm starting...here and now. I know what I like. I know what I want. I didn't ask for an invite...

Lyrics.  

Word Count: 237.
© Copyright 2015 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856414-To-All-The-Girls