*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856732-Lets-Learn-To-Listen
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2003271
Now a residence for BC and BCOF items. Random bloggisness wil apear in POTPOURRI.
#856732 added August 7, 2015 at 1:28pm
Restrictions: None
Let's Learn To Listen
Today's blog is a combination of the prompts for BCOF and Blog City.  Believe it or not, it's a true story.  (almost)

When I was a little boy, about 3 or 4, I was teaching myself to write cursive.  I was doing very well and decided to show Mommy my current manuscript.  Well, when she saw it she said it was just a bunch of squiggly lines.  What?  That didn't sound right.  I knew exactly what it said. That's when I began wondering what was wrong with Mom.  Did she have a vision problem or was she just illiterate?  When I got older I realized that there are many things a child knows that adults are just not capable of understanding.  It was a dreadful experience to grow up.  Remembering all those fantastic things I used to know.  Feeling them slipping away.  Luckily, I still remember that the things I knew as a child were true.  I'm not as narrow minded as most adults.  I'm eager to listen to everything kids have to say; I'm eager to learn.  I've forgotten the language I had at 3 or 4, the one I showed to Mommy.  I would have taught it to her if she hadn't been so stubborn.  If I could learn any language in the world, I would relearn the language of childhood.  Maybe then it would be easier to communicate with children.  I've still go so much to learn.

© Copyright 2015 Geoff (UN: rennur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Geoff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856732-Lets-Learn-To-Listen