*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857268-Into-the-Great-Wide-Open
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#857268 added August 13, 2015 at 9:54am
Restrictions: None
Into the Great Wide Open
Precious Memories has been a second home to Jaden since she was just nine weeks old. I remember leaving her there the first time, so small and dependent, in the arms of virtual strangers. It takes a tremendous leap of faith to leave our babies in the care of others. Jaden was the first child in our family to go to daycare and not having a choice to stay home meant finding the best possible care for her. Precious Memories proved over and over again that they were most caring and compassionate partners in her development over the years. We couldn't be more grateful for her time there.

Today is her last day at the center which she commemorated by wearing her new kindergarten uniform and bringing her memory book for her friends to sign. It is very bittersweet for all of us. Jaden has blossomed there. She has made wonderful friendships, learned countless lessons...built the foundation of confidence and knowledge that I know will carry her onward into kindergarten and the next phase of her young life. She is ready to leave the warm, honey colored halls of the nursery school for the great wide open of her new school. I know she is ready. I'm not 100% sure that I am.

This morning I am drawing comfort from my daughter's cues. She's excited. She feels like a big girl, ready to start her next adventure. She seems ready to push herself to be open and less shy. She's eager to meet her new teacher and classmates. This is part of the process, I know. They grow up in stages, each one strangely wonderful and terrifying in its own right. I'm looking forward to a few days of vacation, days trips and lazy afternoons with my little girl before gearing up for the new school year. I'm sure there will be hugs and tears today at our final pickup but I know once she walks out those doors, she's only looking forward with smiles.

© Copyright 2015 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857268-Into-the-Great-Wide-Open