*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860507-Meltdown-moments-of-cataclysmic-anticlimactic-yawn-a-thons
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#860507 added July 28, 2016 at 5:33am
Restrictions: None
Meltdown moments of cataclysmic, anticlimactic yawn-a-thons
How many moments have you captured in your story?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3237779/Seal-hitches-ride-humpback-whale...

How predictable is / are the climactic moment/s in your plot pathway?

Will the reader sway along all warm and cosy, your stifling plot lulling them to sleep? Or will your narrative hint, feint, double back, suggest, camouflage, hesitate with vicarious vagueness?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vicarious

Then, out of the blue, with seismic detonation and astonishing devastation, will your word creation blow away, shotgun-like, every expectation the hapless reader held in their thought process, and replace these with one of those comet like, instant blindness, 150 kilometre radius window shattering, deeply molecular primeval responses of epic proportion?



Youtube, and the world, is chockers, wall to wall, hysterically shouting, overflowing full, of folks who bleat that they alone know, they uniquely prophesy, they only have privy knowledge and divine pre-emptness of something that will descend on all the people of the earth.



And the people in the comments section (oh why do I even GO there?!) are 1000 light years worse. What is it about relative anonymity of online forums that encourages, releases such people to foist loudly their opinions on the rest of humanity?



It's like if I wrote a book in such a tone, language and manner that the book broached no argument, and decided to place the rest of humankind into the heathen category merely because my book and my experience and only my eminence was counted as exclusively worthy, and no other.

Doesn't it strike you that being 100% certain of something could possibly be dangerous ground? Sometimes, a little smidgen of doubt can be a form of healthy checks and balances. The alternative assumption of absolution risks overlooking a severe mental imbalance.

Anyway, whatever happens through the rest of September, and the rest of the days I'm lucky enough to survive in this life, rest assured I'll be continuing with getting my novel edited, digging up the veggie garden ready for spring planting, and cleaning out the shed for our impending house internal renovation.

Business as usual.

No, I'll not be putting out rows of plastic chairs and joining groups of people to sit and watch the last day/s.

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

Seems to me that your novel either satisfies the reader, or it doesn't.

And the end of the world will come at some point, and we'll either be ready, or we won't. A bit like judgement day.

The main thing is that we do our best in writing, in living, and in honesty in ourselves. (And the other obvious spiritual pursuit, if desiring to be in the more pleasant, less hot place for eternity)

If we do feel doubt, fear or whatever else that is probably normal human behaviour, then don't try to cover it up, ignore it or deny it.

Make decisions and make changes.

Leave the comets to make waves. Leave it to our editor to make sure our novel's spelling, punctuation and grammar / plot / climax / hero heroine saves.

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2016 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860507-Meltdown-moments-of-cataclysmic-anticlimactic-yawn-a-thons