*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864356-Written-in-tone-The-caue-and-confe-of-a-drill-pre
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#864356 added October 28, 2015 at 8:40am
Restrictions: None
Written in $tone. The cau$e and confe$$ of a drill pre$$.
What if we were writing novels, or compiling a news report/s on some grand plan ideological stand, and dreamed of a Colosseum grandstand crammed with fans who'd demand a brass band, flowers and boxes of sugar rewards from the candy man?

What if it wasn't grand at all, and bleated brand new for the fan crew, but was totally old not new, man?

Here's the drill.

What if our rough diamond we thought was gold turned foolish and old? Zero points for trying, and not even a Dad-joke in carrot dangling sight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3281851/Netflix-chill-Woman-propositio...

There's deliberate.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/april-fools-day-2015-the-best-hoax-...

There's accidental news. Meaningfully incorrect diagnostic decisions.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/getting-it-wrong-everyone-suffers-wron...


Huge accidentally wrong news.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/when-you-accidentally-hit-reply-all-and...

The news isn't wrong, nor the cause of the headline; no, we are.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/07/02/surprise-donald-trump-...

Changing drill bits here, from standard to masonry. Hammering; not so much rotating.

What if we all had to apply to our readers for a job every time we wrote stuff? Imagine being accountable for what we wrote, immediately, and having to meet a reader's expectations, even before we chose a pen or poked buttons on any keyboard?

Dear Multi Material Reader,

You have advertised in many places, on the world's collective imagination noticeboards, for a position vacant of "writer", "entertainer", "fact and News compiler / presenter", "advice and help indexer", "interest holding journalist", prejudice and fury inducer" and a list of other general literary provisional standees or occupants of such nature.

I'm very keen on filling these roles and have abilities and skills, interests and hobbies which I can demonstrate for your benefit.

Please find attached my Resume which includes current right and left brain scan, possible mental health fault scenario report, coffee brand and drinking habits, and photos of my "writing space".

After perusing your active reading list, also your forecast high probability reading list, and finally your ambiguous pie in the sky impossibly great and literary dreamer reading spreadsheet of books not yet thought of or completed, I am confident of fulfilling your every whim, your pleasant needs, and also the shadowy chink of nastiness that you have indicated you require in the job description criteria.

Yours Sincerely,

Dr IL. L Press.



To put you in the picture of where I now stand on the topic of News accuracy, outdated-ness and radioactivenessation, of which said word is a derivative of a formal confirmation of a word's existence by Winnie Kay , this is now a few days since I saved this notepad entry to use as a blog entry.



I no longer understand a fraction of the faction I was writing about, nor do I have the memory to delve, to make sense of these hours already rusting in the cobwebby non existent realms of the near past.

What I can write on now is this video I stumbled upon thanks to Steven Haywood, a recent Twitter acquaintance.

https://twitter.com/stevieboyh

whose book intro YouTube video



on his website,

http://www.stevenhaywardauthor.com/

finished with this next one lined up.



Why on earth I watched, as Destin (Justin?) says in the film, a 10 minute video on drills I have no idea. I'm not really that much of a fan of space exploration. Not that I'm against it except to wonder why we can't fix the earthbound problems first, and sort out a decent fair system of governing human failures that we all possess such as greed, *huge list* etc. But this video, and the enthusiasm, the sheer unembarrassed PASSION of the channel chief, and the reactions of down to earth-ness excuse the pun, of the very brainy technicians there, who I must say were very accommodating for us the audience; I feel this video and the whole atmosphere of feverish and humorous learning does amazing wonders for pushing through any reluctance to fund exploration beyond our solar system.

That has to be cutting edge news. Surely, at least to me. The fact that a guy can lurch around doing a video for his YouTube channel, even FORGET why the heck he went to film the thing in the first place because of, understandably, the presence of the sister (or brother?) MARS ROVER in the same room (shed).

Forget my ridiculous blog stumbling and hopeless concentration level for a moment and take in that this guys patchy video narration brings an idea that is aeons of parsecs away, close enough to high five, and makes us feel like WE high fived that beautiful scientist person / plus the Rover, ourselves.

I call that the latest news that matters. And it is so far from the official stuff that in the comments people have labelled all of them "clowns".



Oh dear. Enthusiasm, I hold your tender, dear, brightly expression-ed, yet fatally injured head in my shaking hands, wondering where people come from who must shoot down any sign of human happiness and the sheer joy of standing on a rock that is rotating through nothingness.

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864356-Written-in-tone-The-caue-and-confe-of-a-drill-pre