*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875190-KKKNot-Okay
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#875190 added February 28, 2016 at 2:36pm
Restrictions: None
KKK...Not Okay!
PROMPT: Let's discuss the KKK.... Here's an article: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-3-stabbed-at-kkk-gathering-in-southern-c... Are there similar organizations where you live like the Ku Klux Klan? How do you feel when you see articles like this in the media in 2016?
          First, I must state that I have been blessed to never meeting, or participating, or being a victim of the KKK. I find the behaviour, the beliefs, and the actions of this group incomprehensible. They spread hate-themed propaganda. Many of their members hide behind anonymity. They are fear-mongerers. They seem to be bullies, bullies that are fearful and ignorant, bullies who need to prove their superiority by demeaning their chosen targets, bullies who need the support and acceptance of like-minded bullies, bullies who lash out with violence, bullies who pervert laws to their agenda.
          Yes, free speech exists and extends to everyone. It was most likely intended to promote unity and solidarity; one for all, and all for one. Everyone has the right to speak up, and voice an opinion, but, unfortunately, some people live to be controversial, adversarial, difficult, suspicious, delusional, and hateful. They are not interested in anything other than hatred. They aim to incite, and appeal to insecurities, and feelings of inadequacies in their followers. Their targets may respond/retaliate with physicality, citing that they were provoked, and, or, threatened.
          I don't advocate that the KKK be ignored, they are dangerous. I do believe that their unbelievers need to continue to denounce them, and practise their own freedom of speech and dissent. Education is the key. Teach children to have an open mind, and to accept , and celebrate cultural differences. All people have basic similarities and needs. We all breathe oxygen. We all bleed when cut. We all see, hear, speak, taste, and feel.Protest the KKK by not joining their ranks, by not financially backing them, by not supporting them. The KKK cannot thrive without support and acceptance.
          Do such 'hate' groups exist in Canada? I'd be naive to think not. Sadly, hate exists everywhere. Canada knows prejudice, too. Off hand, I think of a motorcycle gang that's often in the news; Hell's Angels.
          Just because the current calendar displays the year as 2016 doesn't mean people have changed completely. Hate and prejudice are nothing new. People are products of their environments; family belief systems, religions, education, finances, and experiences. Evolution is a long process.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875190-KKKNot-Okay