*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876292-Walking-is-a-painful-sport
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#876292 added March 11, 2016 at 4:22pm
Restrictions: None
Walking is a painful sport
Prompt: In 1909, the first gold medal to a perfect score bowler was awarded to A.C. Jellison by the American Bowling Congress. Are you good at any particular sports? Care to share a menmory, or are you pretty not great at sports, and have a funny story about that?
         Sports? Is reading an indoor sport? I'm a speed reader on a par with a marathoner. Special gear is not necessary, at least not anything protective.
         Does the act of walking count as a sport? Now this is difficult for my feet. They're not into team sports . They each insist on going their own way. I'm just along for the inevitable stumbling and tumbling.
         I've never been a jock. My limbs defy gravity far too many times when I' m launched through space. It's not pretty or graceful. My jarring landings reintroduce me to fickle gravity. At times, this same cruel gravity cements my feet firmly to the ground making any motion impossible.
         Oh, I've dabbled in sports. What can I say, I'm an optimist. I remember blundering my way through a floor hockey game. Of course , scoring is the ultimate goal. Travelling the gym floor had its obstacles; obstacles with flailing arms, scrambling legs, and weapons known as hockey sticks. Bruises were inescapable. During the scrimmaging , a player develops tunnel vision. Keep your eye on the puck. Running towards that puck, I did not see the solid defencewoman who stepped in front of me. Oh, I felt her considerable presence! I smacked into her with teeth shattering force. I don't think she flinched. This was a real life physics' lesson; she was the inanimate, unmoving object and I was the kinetic energy. I bounced off her frame. I slid along the dusty floor. From that point, I became her target. My stubborn feet were intimidated. Many times, she blocked my advancement. She was quick for a substantial girl, and I was not. I could not go around her, or under her, or over her. This left one option: through her? My feet froze. They abandoned me, and I had no momentum. I hit the fleshy brick wall with my upper body. The result? Whiplash!
         Word games like crossword puzzles and Scrabble are my kind of sports. There's no chance of an injury or a painful recovery period.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876292-Walking-is-a-painful-sport