*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876989-What-Price-Notoriety
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#876989 added March 20, 2016 at 8:06pm
Restrictions: None
What Price Notoriety?
Prompt: Sunday News! This week during a performance in Australia, pop singer Madonna pulled a fan on stage and tugged at her shirt, inadvertently exposing her What Price Notoriety?breast, (after making a few tawdry remarks about the girl's appearance). The girl in question is only seventeen . Many are outraged by this, and believe that if it were a man doing something like this, he would be ostracized and labeled as a pedophile. Should Madonna face some kind of criminal charges or other repercussions from this incident?
          Madonna is described by some of the paparazzi that she courts as a 'pop provocateur '. She thrives on publicity, good and bad. Notoriety is still attention that garners her fame and fortune. She is an aging entertainer who has promoted different personas over the years. She competes with younger performers in a business in which sex sells.
         Madonna was quoted as saying, " She's the kind of girl you just want to slap on the ass and pull. Sorry.... sexual harassment . You can do the same to me. Good luck." This was in reference to her deliberate act. She intentionally pulled this teenaged girl onto her stage. Madonna intended to provoke and shock. I don't think she gave any thought to the girl's reaction, or reputation. Madonna worked this into her choreographed routine. Her dancers are paid and rehearsed to promote sex. She uses and manipulates them, but they are consenting adults. The girl is a star struck fan. I believe Madonna is counting on this to minimize any repercussions. Madonna believes herself above the law. She has money and a career; she can be oblivious to others. The girl got to be close to her briefly. This is a twisted version of an autograph or a picture with a star.
         Later, Madonna responded to a supporter. 'Underlying all this is sexism and misogyny . Sexism is alive and kicking . " Is she attempting to cloud the issue and her action? How does this relate to the hatred of women? Why expose this young girl to further her career and her beliefs? Is Madonna daring people to treat her equally as a man would be treated?Does she view herself as being superior to the girl? Madonna is sexualizing this girl; not anyone else. She is well-aware of this digital era; she exploits it. She had to know that video and photos would be shot and shared. She revels in the added exposure.
         Perhaps , Madonna should be charged with violating this girl's privacy, and assaulting her, as well. She mouths off about double standards and she wants to be treated as the equal of a man. Call her bluff.She showed no regard for anyone but herself.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876989-What-Price-Notoriety