*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/880003-Reduce-No-way
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#880003 added April 22, 2016 at 7:37am
Restrictions: None
Reduce? No way!
On April 12th my doctor gave me instructions to decrease my prednisone...again. On alternate days I was to take 5mg then nothing then 5mg and so on and so forth. It did not work. By Saturday, the 16th, all my symptoms (PMR) were back with a fury and I had to revert to my normal 5 mg per day. By Monday, the 18th, my symptoms had barely improved and I had to call in to my doctor's office, asking what to do. I couldn't sleep for the excruciating pain in my neck and shoulders, could barely roll over in bed from painful hips, and after taking my pill in the morning, I realized no tiny cessation until around 1 P.M. Late on the 19th I got a call-back from the nurse instructing me to double my dose for one week. By the afternoon of the 21st I was feeling much better, and this morning I am almost back to feeling as good as I did before the no pill days.

I don't know how other people in pain can continue to function. I can barely think straight...whatever that means. I want to do nothing, try to sleep, care about nothing, and feel sorry for myself. I'm ashamed of that and want to tell no one about how I feel.

Even though I have gained fourteen pounds (hungry all the time) on prednisone since I started it in March of 2015, I am not looking forward to reducing my dose again. Even though prednisone can aggravate some of the things I already have and may contribute to other new problems, I will continue to take it as long as I have symptoms and the doctor allows. What else would a sane person do? I want to do things I enjoy. I want to feel normal.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2016 Have a sunshiny day! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Have a sunshiny day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/880003-Reduce-No-way