*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881170-Spokane-for-the-Fourth-Time
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#881170 added May 2, 2016 at 4:37pm
Restrictions: None
Spokane for the Fourth Time
Locale:  Fairchild AFB, Spokane, Washington

         I arrived in Spokane three weeks ago (yes, this entry is a bit late) to a warm day, a typical spring day really.  Other than class delivery, I had one goal in mind.  Get a copy of Yellow Rose death certificate, or a copy of her obituary.  To do this, I immediately visited her daughter.  It was a nice visit, we chatted some, and I found out that her brother has the paperwork in California.  There's a lot more to this that I'm not at liberty to talk about, but I left empty handed.  *Frown*  It's not like Susan (her daughter) is hiding things from me and the general public, but I am puzzled by what's going on.  Suffice it to say I feel I should have tried harder, but was reluctant to intrude on her privacy.  Much as I hate to say it, I will not intrude in this anymore.  On one hand, she expressed a desire to provide the documents needed, but on the other, seems reluctant to actually get them.  To be honest, I'm not sure the family contacted the anyone for an obituary.

         Class itself went well, I was supposed to deliver four days of training on two topics, but it turned out they didn't have the software for one of them, nor were they planning on getting it.  So I delivered a two day class in four days.  I know what you're thinking, but I did it by straying off topic, and discussing overall radio theory and system operation.  All in all, it went well, and the grades reflected it.

Noteworthy Restaurants:

         http://theonion.biz/

         The menu here sounded great.  In some ways, it was excellent.  This place is really called the Area 51 Taphouse At The Onion.  The Onion Ring sampler was enough for three people, so I left with plenty of leftovers.  The sampler Onion Ring platter had three types on it, one of them being stuffed with Mozarella Cheese, then wrapped in Bacon!  Can you say, "Yummm?"  But despite how good it was, the ending left a sour taste in my mouth.  I ended up writing a note on their website to the manager, but have not received an answer yet.  I paid my bill, and when the bartender handed it back to me, he said, "Here you go Pops."  Maybe I'm a little sensitive, but I found that to be a little demeaning.  If he was my grandson, or someone I knew very well, different story.  You don't call a complete stranger Pops.  Just my opinion.


         That's it for this entry.  More coming tomorrow or Wednesday for my current trip.

         Till next time, y'all be good, write all you can, and enjoy the changing season!

© Copyright 2016 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881170-Spokane-for-the-Fourth-Time