*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885942-What-came-before-the-BIG-BANG-Clue-Watson-fiSHy-question
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#885942 added June 29, 2016 at 11:18am
Restrictions: None
What came before the BIG BANG? Clue Watson? fiSHy question!
Recently, I had reason to do something odd. The reason was boredom.
eBay suggested in the search dialogue box to search "anything".



So I did.



Maybe I am Mental as Anything. Valentines. Weddings - ANYTHING!



So, boredom being still a thing, I decided to see if you could buy enthusiasm online. Curb weight. Like a new car specifications in the old workshop manuals I used to read as a budding mechanic (12 y/o on)



How far out of the square can people really extend their thinking? Forget people. How about weirdos in particular. One weirdo. Me. I've been watching Sherlock Holmes. As usual, long after everyone else has grown tired of it. The BBC producers or whoever (zero research gone into this blog as usual) scripted Benedictimo Cumberbatch-chops clever problem / solution plots probably piqued my pale personality from paused mode to penabled

SH suffered from boredom it seems. As did Jim Moriarty. Dr Watson looked a bit tired of Sherlock's constant cleverness too. I'd feel just as in the dark as John. Still a diabolical deficit if it wasn't for the explanations of the deduced.

But back to strange thinking on tangents from normal.

I'd had an eyeful of eBay by now, and was getting a bit Google-y eyed. Out of the cloud came the idea to define darkness. No surprises there. The absence of light.

But. Blind people not being in total darkness? Here's the Google results. Apart from more
domestic items on eBay there was another hit that caught my eye so to speak.

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=...

"A kind of visual tinnitus"

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-ouch-31487662

On a more serious note. Do you know someone who is blind? Are they willing to talk about it, openly? Then there's this to talk about with them. From the BBC article.

"Do you relate to Damon's experience or do you see something completely different? Email us ouch@bbc.co.uk"

Another out of the ordinary, well, for me anyway, thought was how to prevent onion juice stinging people's eyes and bringing those tears and stinging? My wife has a trick where you don't cut the root of the onion, or is it the stem? One of them anyway. You peel from the other end and cut from the other end and the theory is...no tears.

Invent something and make millions. We're making zucchini pickles, and pickled onions, for her business. It's called Just Like Grandma Made.

https://www.facebook.com/Justlikegranmamade/

https://twitter.com/justgrandmamade

There's the site for it. She sells some very tasty home made goodies at a school market and by word of mouth. Even the blind would enjoy it because taste. And some jokes are in bad taste. Sometimes writers need to know when not to write something. To be purposely silent. Wordless. Blind. Tasteless. Hmm, ok - without the ability to taste then.
Writers need to know when to withhold opinion or conjecture, statements or information. Tact? Self preservation maybe.

I purposely didn't tell our children when they were school age how much I hated school. I never told them until later years. They loved school. And it's selfish to fob off our past bitterness onto younger ones, I think. You want them to have a fresh experience.

Why do people do that? You know. Past times of war between whoever. Families. Opposing political parties. Religious disagreements. Atheists. Believers. Those in places of power, high finance, control, money manipulation. Why do people foist onto the next generation the old hatreds of the past? Burden the young with ideas of vengeance. Make the children's heritage one of bitterness and betrayal. Murder. Thuggery.

It strikes me that the further people isolate themselves in defence, the further they are from solving the disagreement that happened in the first place.

Instead of wars, attack and defence, why can't people sit down together and learn each other's views. See from the other's eyes. Empathise. Bypass the hatred, the religious zeal, the extremism, the peer pressure, the human history rule book that commands us all to continue the old boring wars and skirmishes, recycle the same old problems our parents, grandparents and great grandparents kept smouldering.

Isn't it because we are blinded by the darkness of selfishness and the sort of pride that prevents humble learning, plain speaking, admission of mistakes, of being wrong, of being arrogant, of being blind even. If we can see, if our eyes are working ok, then our balance, our focus will be a combination of both right and left eyesight, won't it?

Isn't that a small lesson from nature?

To gain the richness from life, the proper 3D experience of living that we all have a right to, don't we require to focus both our eyes? Like two separate viewpoints superimposed and merged, melded together so that we see perspective, shadows, shape, depth, body, reality, and that great thing that seems so hard to see sometimes.

Truth.

SH says in the TV shows that it is observation that brings deduction. Nothing marvellous, such as 20/20 vision. Just the application of thought behind what we see. So if we bend the facts to our own ideas, then they might "fit" but the result isn't the truth.

We are blinded by darkness. The darkness that is darker than the complete absence of light.

Darker even, than what someone sees who is a TOTAL blind person.

Sherlock Holmes? No.

Just Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2016 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885942-What-came-before-the-BIG-BANG-Clue-Watson-fiSHy-question