*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886960-Young-Adults
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#886960 added July 10, 2016 at 1:14am
Restrictions: None
Young Adults
Tenth day of "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]

The Sunday News!
It's been a rough week here in the US, and a rough month in Europe...instead of the typical Sunday prompt where I come up with a newsworthy item to discuss, I think now's the right time to focus on some good news. Do a little bit of lookin' around, and share with us something positive happening.

I read an article on Generation Snowflake: Safe Spaces, Trigger Warnings And The Wussification Of Our Young People.



Apparently a whole new generation of youngsters is growing up being overly sensitive and demanding their right to have safe places in schools and universities in which they can ban everything that’s remotely difficult to accept.

A place where anyone can relax and be fully self-expressed, without fear of being made to feel uncomfortable, unwelcome or challenged on account of biological sex, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, cultural background age, or physical or mental ability; a place where the rules guard each person’s self respect, dignity and feelings and strongly encourage everyone to respect others.

Trigger warnings defined as stated warnings that the content of a text, video, etc., may upset or offend some people, especially those who have previously experienced a related trauma.

Wussy meaning a person with no guts. A person who whines all day and sits around and cries like a little baby for years over nothing. Will blow anything out of proportion and create drama to forget about their sad miserable lives.

http://themostimportantnews.com/archives/generation-snowflake-safe-spaces-trigge...

I don’t agree with this article. There might be a small group snowflaking, but a majority of kids growing into adulthood have a hard time and they know it.

I am talking about refugees who will spend years and years overcoming their trauma, kids from broken homes, kids dealing with abuse, illness or death. Young adults trying to commit suicide (An estimated quarter million people each year become suicide survivors). Now there is a generation that grows up tough and rough. For most of them it will be a case of moving on, stepping up and make something out of their lives in this dark and dangerous world.

For today's prompt I have to look around and comment on something POSITIVE. I want to salute the youngsters of today for trying and for succeeding in getting their act together, taking up responsibility and making the best of things. There are initiatives for arts (including writing in communities like WdC), entrepreneurship and sports where I see YAs excel.

I have two nephews in their mid twenties with difficult backgrounds trying to make something out of their lives. It may sometimes look different from what my generation did in the past but it still is with great effort and gusto.

Growing up in this time and age proves to be rough and tough. A little snowflaking from time to time is allowed.

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~Happiness (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~Happiness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886960-Young-Adults