*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887581-Dont-Go-Come-Back-Come-Back
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#887581 added July 16, 2016 at 5:58pm
Restrictions: None
Don't Go Come Back Come Back
This book is a Hoot! tea for today is Spinach Chive by Numi

Creation Saturday!

The comeback of your life begins with...


Definition:
noun
A return by a well-known person, especially an entertainer or sports player, to the activity in which they have formerly been successful: https://www.oxforddictionaries.com

An informal definition states this is a return comment to answer another statement.

There are lots of answers to this. I went to college thinking I could salvage the ruin of life happening around me. I thought getting a job and earning would give me some control over how money went out and let me put in some house fixes we needed. When I got out I could not find work within driving distance of my home. I was not willing at 60 to move to another state.

I had a wellness checkup this week by a nurse practitioner. Sometimes, I think unless you have a serious malady it is better not to visit health professionals. She told me many women my age are not able to answer questions, draw the face of a clock, or walk across the room touch a wall and walk back (in other words function in a normal manner). *Pthb*

There are people around here who are always putting a target on the back of some elderly person. I see lots of elderly people whenever I go out shopping. They are walking up and down the sidewalks, around the shopping centers, driving cars. etc. The elderly are not making comebacks. They are maintaining space that is needed as a support for a nation under fire.

My prayers are with the French who seem to be drawing the attention of terrorists right now. I don't like to tell the USA citizens to retreat but it seems like it may be time to man the walls with infantry.

A World War II movie is playing in the background on the TV, as I write. Two US soldiers and a bunch of kids and civilians are holding off a regiment of Germans and the music is sorrowful. Well enough of this, the world made a comeback for awhile.

Two teenage boys showed up here Monday and asked for work. We gave them pocket money to put in a rack of wood. They said they would work for free. It was a new experience because people are not usually offering to work. The definition of comeback does not seem to enter into this exchange either.

So, off I go to observe how the word comeback might fit into life in the rural places I inhabit. *Laugh*



© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887581-Dont-Go-Come-Back-Come-Back