*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887602-Seven-in-stead-of-ten
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#887602 added July 17, 2016 at 12:52am
Restrictions: None
Seven in stead of ten
The seventeenth day of "30-Day Bloggers Group [13+]

The Sunday News!
This week, Microsoft said they won't be able to meet their goal of having 1 billion Windows 10 users . I use Windows 10 and it's fine for everything I do; others feel passionately different. What's your take? Is the operating system important, or do you not care as long as the device itself still works?

Just this week someone reminded me that it’s still possible for two whole weeks to get Windows 10 for free in my country. At the time I was wondering why this generous offer, now I understand: they want to reach their 1 billionth user before the end of this summer.



My response was a sudden and quick NO to Windows 10 since I heard from several people it was not an improvement and in fact Windows 10 is not as user friendly as its predecessors. So, gullible as I am, I developed a slight Windows 10 phobia and in fact am refusing to use it so I stick with Windows 7 which is fine by me because I can understand it a little bit as far as understanding an operating system goes.

In my country the majority is using Windows while a few artsy fartsy people refuse to use Microsoft out of principle. They feel that Microsoft is cornering the market for years selling systems that are misleading since you have to buy and use everything else from Microsoft to get your computer up and running. So they use Linnux instead, one of its advantages so I’ve been told is that it is a more compact system working less space. I won’t go that far, but I am comfortable using Windows 7.

Hopefully I can do so for the coming years. Ofcorse if Microsoft decides otherwise it can just stop delivering stuff thereby forcing the public to make the switch anyhow.

Microsoft rules, it’s that easy! We consumers just follow.

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~Happiness (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~Happiness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887602-Seven-in-stead-of-ten