*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887939-Can-You-Be-Wrong-and-Survive
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#887939 added July 20, 2016 at 10:53am
Restrictions: None
Can You Be Wrong and Survive?
War Chest Wednesday! From a previous challenger...

Is there something wrong with always having to be right?


1. http://www.angriesout.com/right.htm

2.http://www.wikihow.com/Argue-With-Someone-Who-Thinks-They-Are-Always-Right

3.Quote: “God told us to love everyone. However, when you don’t like someone then you need to walk away and focus not on him or her, but the hatred you’re harboring. Otherwise, you will allow your piety to take over. Before you know it, you’re using the gospel as a sword to slice other religious people apart, which have offended you. From your point of helplessness, it will be easy to recruit people that will mistake your kindness as righteousness, when in reality it is a hidden agenda to humiliate through the words of Christ. This game is so often used by women in the Christian faith, that it is the number one reason why many people become inactive. It is a silent, unspoken hypocrisy that is inconsistent with the teachings of the gospel. If you choose not to like someone, then avoid them. If you wish to love them, the only way to overcome your frustrations is through empathy, prayer, forgiveness and allowing yourself time to heal through distance. Try focusing on what you share as sisters in the gospel, rather than the negative aspects you dislike about that person.”
― Shannon L. Alder http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/being-right

There is a lot wrong with always having to be right. It was actually easy to find references on the web.

Some of the references I found included definitions of descriptive words. One of the descriptive words was dogmatic. It is not a complete description of a person who must always be right because it indicates a person who is following some particular idea about some particular type of system such as a republic versus a democracy. A true dogmatist does not include extreme anger in his doctrine.

A belligerent person may use violence to enforce his, I am right stance.

A truculent person uses words but will usually walk away from an angry confrontation.

Dogmatic fundamentalists become angry and will probably use violence to try to enforce their views upon other people.

A sociopath will manipulate people into believing he or she is always right.

If you delve into the research of this situation you will find lots of reasoning that will help you evaluate daily conversation. It's excellent research when you are creating characters in a written manuscript.

This book is a Hoot! I was very interested in the dedication for "The Murder of Mary Russell" by Laurie R. King The dedication says:"for my sister, Lynn Difley, who devotes her life to encouraging white-haired folk to find their strength." The story is a history of Mrs. Hudson's life. Mrs. Hudson is the famed elderly house keeper in the Sherlock Holmes series.



WRITE-ON!










apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887939-Can-You-Be-Wrong-and-Survive