*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890626-Bear-Caught
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#890626 added August 23, 2016 at 8:33am
Restrictions: None
Bear Caught
I think I may have overdone it yesterday, mowed all my grass, trimmed everywhere, and edged the sidewalk and driveway. It was 95 degrees. Have you ever heard the expression "bear caught." Me neither until I met Jim. I think it relates to sunstroke or heat exhaustion. Anyway, I was almost bear caught and had to quit without blowing off the driveway...bad headache and extremely hot. My inner thermostat does not seem to work as well as it once did. It was 7:30 before I felt like getting into the shower, but after that I revived and this morning I feel pretty good, just really tired.

One of my granddaughters called me last evening and may go to the poetry reading with me on Sunday. She has a funeral to attend later in the week and hopes to be back in time. My writing group is helping with the poetry thing, providing refreshments, etc. (which I am helping with). The readings are mostly by young folks, some older, not me though, a poet I'm not. But I am looking forward to it...hope she can go with me.

There's always something interesting going on here in Gainesville, especially in the arts. I mark many things on my calendar lying in front of my computer screen (just one of the dollar specials from Dollar Tree). Tonight I see the Klezmer Katz will be playing at Lightning Salvage, the music part of Satchel's Pizza. Have you ever heard Klezmer? If not, you should. It is one of a kind. One of my writer friends is in the group. I think I'll call Sue and see if she wants to go.



until next time...c

© Copyright 2016 Have a sunshiny day! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Have a sunshiny day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890626-Bear-Caught