*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890963-August-27th-London
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2087862
Life with Jody--former Soldier (medically retired), writer (in training), and lots more
#890963 added August 27, 2016 at 11:32pm
Restrictions: None
August 27th London
Howdy!

Funny thing, I thought I was done with the red, white, and blue theme and we end up in England. So, the prompt will be in blue and I'll type in red. *Smile*

August 27th London 2 hours and 19 minutes on the train.

We're ending our trip at The Nadler Soho.

http://www.thenadler.com/soho.shtml


Well, this hotel is different. It's not got the opulence of some of the other high-end ones we've stayed in, yet it IS high-end. It's very sleek looking with clean lines and a minimalist attitude to decorating, yet without skimping on the features. I'm especially excited about a 40 inch TV that connects to the internet. SWEET!

We're beginning our day at Buckingham Palace .Delve into London’s rich royal heritage during a 2.5-hour visit to Buckingham Palace to see the changing of the Guard Ceremony. Marvel at the traditional Changing of the Guard performance, which involves meticulously dressed soldiers marching to the rhythm of military drums. Then, enjoy an exclusive experience as you enter the opulent State Rooms of Buckingham Palace for an independent audio tour. See lavish chambers during a tour only available for two months of the year, and gain fascinating insight into the history of the British monarchy. Book now to avoid missing this once-in-a-lifetime experience. Highlights 2.5-hour Buckingham Palace tour including the Changing of the Guard ceremony, led by a tour host Wander through St James’s Park and watch the famous Changing of the Guard Explore the State Rooms at Buckingham Palace, an experience only open to the public for two months of the year Plug into an audio guide and learn about Queen Elizabeth II and the British Royal Family

Read more about Buckingham Palace Tour Including Changing of the Guard Ceremony - London | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/London/Buckingham-Palace-Tour-Including-Changing-of...


WOW! Getting to see inside Buckingham Palace and to see the Changing of the Guard was AWESOME! At least for me...but I noticed some of our British buddies didn't seem as excited. Was that even some yawning? Hmmm...Sally? Jellyfish? Kit? Well, I loved it! Yes, I'm such a tourist! lol

Get acquainted with two iconic London monuments on a 4-hour tour of Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament. While gaining fascinating insight into the royal history of Great Britain, you’ll absorb the Gothic grandeur of Westminster Abbey’s interior and head inside the Houses of Parliament — home to the renowned Big Ben — to see highlights like the House of Commons and Lord’s Chamber. From your guide, you’ll learn about the United Kingdom’s political system and major historic events while touring the prominent landmarks. Highlights 4-hour tour of Westminster Abbey and Houses of Parliament in London Explore Westminster Abbey, where all but two of Britain’s monarchs have been crowned since 1066. See the Coronation Chair, 900-year-old College Garden, Poets’ Corner and more. Snap photos of the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. Enjoy a 1.5-hour tour of the Houses and Parliament and learn about British politics from the guide.

What You Can Expect Visit Westminster Abbey: Make your own way to Parliament Square, where a bevy of London’s most famous sights, including Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, await. Then, meet your guide outside Westminster Abbey and head inside to begin your tour. Walk along the same aisle that Prince William and Kate Middleton took their first steps on as a married couple, and get up close to the Coronation Chair, where the British Royals have been crowned for hundreds of years. Stroll through the cloisters and see College Garden, thought to be the oldest garden in England, along with the graves of Dickens, Hardy and other famous writers.

After touring the abbey, make the short stroll to the Houses of Parliament, which sits resplendent along the banks of the Thames River. Marvel at the golden spires and statues that stud the building’s grandiose facade, and learn about the much-snapped Elizabeth Tower, which houses the Big Ben bell. Then, continue inside and enjoy a roughly 1.5-hour tour. Take in highlights such as Westminster Hall, Queen’s Robing Room, the Royal Gallery and Lords Chamber, and gain a fascinating insight into Britain’s modern-day politics.Your tour then concludes outside the Houses of Parliament, leaving you free to continue sightseeing independently or make your own way back to your accommodation.

Read more about Inside the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey Tour in London - London | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/London/Inside-the-Houses-of-Parliament-and-Westmins...


The architecture here is far beyond what I was expecting! It's just absolutely beautiful! I especially enjoyed Parliament and the House of Commons. Interestingly, I'd JUST researched and written a story about the only Prime Minister to ever be assassinated...and it happened in the House of Commons. At first it wasn't mentioned, but when I asked about it, our tour guide had a lot of knowledge. It makes me wonder what OTHER knowledge he was holding back on us. lol Anyway, for anyone interested, here's my essay: "Prime Minister Spencer Perceval

Dinner is at Bailey's Fish and Chips, and then we're off to take in a show.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g186338-d2719908-Reviews-Baileys_F...


I noticed that some of our buddies weren't too excited about fish and chips. I guess if I was from England I probably wouldn't be either. It's like going to New York City and then being taken to McDonald's, I guess...except with less variety. lol As an American, though, I can appreciate the idea of us going there. I even tried the fish, but yep, still don't like fish. However, SandraLynn Team Florent! was kind enough to eat my fish and in exchange give me her "chips" (AKA fries). That was sweet of her to keep me from starving. *Smile*

https://www.viator.com/tours/London/Kinky-Boots-Theatre-Show-in-London/d737-3517...

Be dazzled by the exuberant 'Kinky Boots' musical at the Adelphi Theatre in London. Based on real-life events, this high-energy, uplifting show tells the story of Northampton shoe factory owner Charlie Price, who with his inspirational sidekick, cabaret performer Lola; transforms the fortunes of his struggling business by catering for drag queens who want sparkling, thigh-high stiletto boots. Featuring a fun and feisty Grammy- and Tony-winning score by pop icon Cyndi Lauper, together with sensational performances and staging, this uproarious show is a glorious, glamorous got-to-see while you're in London. Highlights: Ticket to the 'Kinky Boots' musical at the Adelphi Theatre in London. Chart the story of shoemaker Charlie Price who transforms his business by making kinky thigh-high boots for drag queens. Meet sassy cabaret performer Lola, who works with Charlie to rock the runways of Milan. Enjoy feisty songs and music by Grammy- and Tony-winning Cyndi Lauper Be swept up in the hilarious plot and sparkling choreography by two-time Tony-winning Jerry Mitchell.


Well, THAT was an interesting show, I must say. lol But I love stuff based on a true story and that makes all the singing and dancing tolerable. lol I'm glad I went.



Writing is easy. All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead.
- Gene Fowler

© Copyright 2016 Schnujo's in the Falklands (UN: schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Schnujo's in the Falklands has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890963-August-27th-London