*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893277-Fantastic-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#893277 added September 30, 2016 at 10:13pm
Restrictions: None
Fantastic Friday
I had a wonderful day at the Harn Museum with my book club buddies. Our docent was so good she brought history to life. I feel like I knew Frida Kahlo personally! I cannot imagine though the awful pain she must have felt from her accident. Someone remarked that it may have contributed to her artistry. If that's what it takes, give me my old mundane life.

After the Frida tour, two friends and I had lunch at the Camellia Cafe downstairs and it was excellent too, veggie wraps, crab bisque, and pear walnut salads. Then shopping back upstairs at the gift shop where I found the perfect birthday present for my granddaughter, a beautiful journal and a student watercolor set, something she would never buy for herself.

Tomorrow I'm working for a couple hours at our writers' booth at a local art festival, really looking forward to that and of course traipsing around the festival looking at all the beautiful art, and there will be live music at a center stage all day. Then a friend is meeting me and we are going for ice cream.

The weather is getting so nice and pleasant to be outside but I'm keeping my eye on Matthew. It looks now like we may be spared but I'm not sure about the east coast, especially the Carolinas, hoping the hurricane moves through quickly and easterly into the far Atlantic.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2016 Have a sunshiny day! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Have a sunshiny day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893277-Fantastic-Friday