*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894451-Summer-and-the-Black-Kitten
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#894451 added October 13, 2016 at 10:22pm
Restrictions: None
Summer and the Black Kitten
Prompt: Did you get to do everything you wanted to do this summer? What things didn't you get done that you wanted to do?

During any summer, I don’t get much done, anyway. It is just too hot where I live, even with air conditioning. The only thing I did more this year was writing and reviewing for the GOT games. Other than that, I did what I usually do. Nothing more, possibly somewhat less.

Mixed flowers in a basket


Prompt: You find a white pumpkin, orange pumpkin, and a little black kitten on your steps. A message is attached to the kitten's collar. Who are they from? Do you accept the gifts? Do they change your life? Write this any way you want. Be nice to the kitten.

I love black kittens. My son has a black cat who was the cutest kitten once.

As to this little kitten, I can hardly read what is written inside the message attached to her collar since I am not wearing my reading glasses at the moment. I go inside to get my glasses and when I return, the kitten is sitting on top of the white pumpkin. It is such a cute sight that now I have to go back inside to get my camera.

When I come back, the kitten is now off the pumpkin but she is playing peek-a-boo running behind one pumpkin then the other. Maybe she is camera-shy. I give up on the photo shoot and carry both pumpkins inside, and the kitten follows me. I sit down on the nearest chair and pick the kitten up.

I can now read the message. It says, “Please keep this kitten. The pumpkins are gifts for keeping her. Please do not separate the three. The pumpkins last forever and the kitten will keep you good company as long as you live, but if you don’t keep her, we cannot promise what those pumpkins will turn into.”

A threat? But they didn’t have to threaten me. I am already in love with this kitten. I bet with those two magical pumpkins and this tiny black kitten, we’ll have a great time.

Except, I haven’t yet figured out where to put those pumpkins on my broom when I go flying with the kitty on my lap.

© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894451-Summer-and-the-Black-Kitten