*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895343
Rated: E · Book · Romance/Love · #2098114
This follows the October Nano Prep Challenge... for part 2 of Fractured Dreams - Moving On
#895343 added October 23, 2016 at 10:09pm
Restrictions: None
Day 21 - protagonist Change & Interview
Friday, Oct. 21
Required: Protagonist Change â–¼
Describe in detail how your protagonist has changed from the beginning of the story to the end. If you created a protagonist profile, devise before-and-after versions.


Taygen begins the story coming out of a broken marriage - one where infidelity has happened. She has been with her ex for many years... and during that time he has made her feel small. Her confidence has diminished over the years and she is struggling to redefine her self worth as she begins to prioritize her life - following her dreams without Carson's belittling influence. Carson is often not even aware of the eroding component of his words. She had not wanted to have children with him.... as she did not want to be diminished in her children's eyes.
She learns to trust her heart and her mind again. By reconnecting with her writing dreams and her teaching dreams she is able to find her way to pull them both into her life without sacrificing herself in the process. Making connections with teaching friends, she is able to build her confidence and land a half time LTO which eventually becomes a half time contracted position. She also finds a way to work both her dreams into her life... and she finds love again. Love with a man who fully understands her and supports her creative dreams. He is also a teacher. He is also a housemate. Taygen learns that men are not all like Carson, some men like literary events and the theatre. Some men are patient and affectionate and loving. Some men can build up their partner without feeling the need to belittle her. Being with someone with similar interests lends itself to making their way as a couple. Taygen realizes what real love really is.... and what it can be for both people in a relationship. She finds her voice and is able to assert herself... and in doing so put Carson in his place... once and for all.


Bonus: Protagonist Interview â–¼
You are a journalist. The story of your novel is complete. Interview your protagonist and ask the following questions:

1. How did the events of your story change you?
Oh, where do I start? Everything worked to build me back up.... I think the beginning was finding friends who shared my interests... both in teaching and in writing. Those friends made me feel like it was possible to have both in my life... and be successful. They helped me see that my life with Carson was toxic and defeatist. I gained confidence in my abilities which helped me which my interviews.... having friends to support me made me want to really try. Getting the position at Suddaby was a gift. Working with Cassie was a great learning experience and the students were also great teachers. I was able to bring my talents into the classroom and into the school community... and starting the creative writing club was very beneficial to the students who came out and participated. The principal was really impressed with the results we were getting.... reaching students in ways they hadn't been able to before. This paved the way for me to get hired on at the end of the school year.... well, that and having Cassie pushing for keeping me on as her teaching partner so she could work half time and spend more time with her children.
Beyond school, I moved out and left Carson to deal with the s***storm he brought on himself - getting some flakey bitch pregnant... she will ruin him... so it is poetic justice, in a way. I am working on letting that go...
I have been blessed with a new group of friends. First, is my co-workers at The Bookshelf... Terri in particular. She challenges me to try. She has come from an abusive relationship and found love, so I gain some hope in knowing things may be better for me as well.... and she is also a writer, too. Together we have tackled NaNoWriMo and other writerly aspects. It is so great to have writing friends.... I feel so normal around them!
Speaking of friends... my housemates are also gifts. We are all teachers... so I get a lot of great advise... Myra and Thomas own the house and have accepted me as who I am... no judgements. Alex.... well, Alex is my housemate, my friend... and so much more.

2. How is life for you now?
I am so much happier. I love myself again. I am confident. I am employed and doing what I love.... and I am in love. Alex has taught me so much about a loving relationship. It is so great to have someone to do so many things together... to feel his love and support... and his understanding when I need time to write. I resisted for a long time, but eventually I found myself unable to keep him at a distance. His love brings out the best in me.... and I feel like a better person for it.
I can't believe where I was this time last year. I was so lost then.... now I am found and I have no intention of ever going back.




Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895343