*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897441-Observations-fear-and-a-dream
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#897441 added November 14, 2016 at 4:51pm
Restrictions: None
Observations, fear and a dream
*Right*Motivation Monday! Prince Charles (the oldest child of England's Queen Elizabeth II), born on this day in 1948, once said "I learned the way a monkey learns...by watching its parents." What is something you've learned from either of your parents, using only the power of observation?(30-Day BC)

My father was a keen collector of books. I watched his library grow over the years. When I was a child I always read the books he had on his bookshelves. I watched him read a lot. I’ve inherited that love of books and reading. In my other house, I had a great library, but I’ve sold a lot of books in recent years. When I came to live in my recent place I started over, collecting books. Now I have two cupboards full of books in my living room but I made myself the promise not to buy that many books. Lately, I bought a few books again and I had to buy a trolley only today for my study so that the latest collection would fit somewhere. My father died eleven months ago, but today he was there watching me put together that book trolley and give the new books their rightful place in my home. I think he was smiling!



*Right*Prompt: What fears have actually come true in your life or, if you’d rather, a friend or a family member’s life?(BC)

The fear of not being able to cope with what happens in your life has actually come true eleven years ago. I was too overwhelmed with the violence and the death threats from clients I had a nervous breakdown because of that. I always thought that I would be able to manage my life events, but the fear of losing it became reality then. Because of that, I am always on guard, avoiding stress and hoping that I will never ever have to face a period like that again. It also made me a very cautious person, meaning that I cannot trust myself completely. I’ve lost it once; will I lose it another time? That fear has fortunately somewhat diminished in recent years but I am never totally free of that fear.



*Right*Prompt: Use the following words to create a story or poem. Words: dance, castle, onion, grinder, screamer, glamor, cougar, reckless, zebra (BcoFs)

She danced a reckless zebra dance in her castle, put music on and was busy for hours with glitter and glamor. Afterward, she made dinner with veggies and one onion in a grinder. She had to cry but laughed a lot too, in silence, though, because she was no screamer. During the night she visited bars, being a cougar celebrating with men half her age. When she woke up she could not sleep again that night. The strangest dream!



Petra & Arie

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~scary 2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~scary 2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897441-Observations-fear-and-a-dream