*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897729-Unicorns-and-Thanks-Giving-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#897729 added November 17, 2016 at 3:55am
Restrictions: None
Unicorns and Thanks Giving Day
*Heart*WON THIRD PLACE round 36
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2040737 by Not Available.

Breath in, breath out: sitting in Zen on a cushion. Think of nothing else but your respiration. Live in this moment. Try not to get cramps!
139 characters.

*Right*The Wildcard Round! Unicorns. They're special and unique and fun and whatnot. But what are they, really? What do they eat? Where do they live, and where do they sleep? What do they do when they're not out unicorning or whatever it is they do? And what's the proper name for a baby unicorn? Please write the Wikipedia entry on unicorns from your unique, special blogging unicorn perspective. (30-Day BC)

UNICORN.
A white horse like mystical creature with a large pointed horn attached to its forehead. A symbol of purity and grace. It eats what horses like to eat: sugarplums. Sometimes they have wings and can fly. They sleep in the clouds and are woken by first daylight. A baby unicorn, only born one in two hundred years is called a flunicorn. It stays in that stage for a few months before changing rapidly in an adult unicorn. Magical powers are bestowed upon them: super strength, wisdom and the ability to talk to young maidens.

“THE UNICORN: The saintly hermit, midway through his prayers
stopped suddenly, and raised his eyes to witness
the unbelievable: for there before him stood
the legendary creature, startling white, that
had approached, soundlessly, pleading with his eyes.

The legs, so delicately shaped, balanced a
body wrought of finest ivory. And as
he moved, his coat shone like reflected moonlight.
High on his forehead rose the magic horn, the sign
of his uniqueness: a tower held upright
by his alert, yet gentle, timid gait.

The mouth of softest tints of rose and grey, when
opened slightly, revealed his gleaming teeth,
whiter than snow. The nostrils quivered faintly:
he sought to quench his thirst, to rest and find repose.
His eyes looked far beyond the saint's enclosure,
reflecting vistas and events long vanished,
and closed the circle of this ancient mystic legend.”
― Rainer Maria Rilke



*Right*Prompt: At the root of joy is gratitude and both abound in this annual autumn repast. From far and wide, loved ones gather to share a simple banquet with those they love. I love Christmas but I feel stores start putting Christmas items out too early and we need to remember Thanksgiving and give it, it's day. Black Friday should start Friday not Thanksgiving Day. I would love to hear your thoughts on this.(BC)

We in The Netherlands don’t have Black Friday, or Thanksgiving Day. We never say thank you or show our gratitude once a year like Americans do. I like the thought of a festivity surrounded by gratitude and the celebration of friends and family. It seems like a wonderful tradition.



*Right*Prompt: Next Thursday is Thanksgiving. Write a story, poem, or memory that includes gratitude for something.(BCoFs)

Although we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving Day I would like to express my gratitude for my life in general at the moment. I am a very happy person with lots to thank for at this moment in time. My health is reasonable, I have a few nice friends whom I see every now and then, my family is alright and my dog is old but healthy. I live in a nice cozy apartment and am blessed to live in a country without war, famine or any major trouble for decades now. Although the world is in turmoil and the future is uncertain with a lot of things going on at present I have hope things will turn out for the better.



Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~scary 2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~scary 2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897729-Unicorns-and-Thanks-Giving-Day