*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899346-Parks-and-Cities
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#899346 added December 9, 2016 at 10:53am
Restrictions: None
Parks and Cities
This book is a Hoot!

Litchfield National Park:

There is something about frothy white falling water that draws people. The falls here were irresistible. I watched birds in the trees and took photos of the flowers and trees.

Darwin:

We drove on toward Darwin in a pouring rain storm. Sometimes you could hardly see the road through the water sheeting down the windshields.

It had cleared by the time we reached Darwin and checked into the Palms City Resort. The resort is quiet. The setting is wild with all the palm trees and wildlife up so close to the building.

I took a walk around Darwin which really isn't large. In the center, there was a plague in a small park area with the Townhall Rules. They have a wave lagoon you have to pay to swim there. There is also a free park area with swimming. The park is peaceful, filled with a deep green grass under lots of trees. It was a good place to spread out a towel and take a nap or read a good book. If you are interested in wildlife try the crocodile park. The guide said you can swim in a cage in the same pool with the crocodiles *Ha* Be sure the crocs are outside the cage and you are inside. In one park there are storyboards about the aboriginal people of the area who they call Salt Water People. Like most cities, they have their shops and eateries.

Viewing the skyline out over the ocean I saw military ships and rain storms as they moved across the horizon.

I spent the afternoon and evening on the veranda of the Resort reading a book and watching the birds in the nearby trees.
It feels good to rest after all the sites we have viewed in the last 9 days.

reference: Youtube: Darwin Australia City View by Joanna Travels

Merit Badge in Blog Camping
[Click For More Info]

Traveling with you in Europe was so much fun, hope you join us again next August! Until then, we hope all your blogging experiences inspire you equally as much!

Lyn and Norb

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899346-Parks-and-Cities