*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899429-Speak-the-Truth-In-Love---December-10
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#899429 added December 10, 2016 at 9:14pm
Restrictions: None
Speak the Truth In Love - December 10

Have you ever read PILGRIM'S PROGRESS? If not, I encourage you to get a copy and read it... even if you have to go to the Public Library to checkout a copy.

In reading PILGRIM'S PROGRESS, we see some very dramatic characters. One is named Flatterer... and he's a bad guy. Sometimes we love to be placated with words of flattery---even when they're not true and deep down we know it's only flattery.

The bible says, "Faithful are the wounds of a friend." (Proverbs 27:6)

I'm sure we're all familiar with "brown-nosers" sometimes referred to as "yes-men/women." We all know what's up, but sometimes those in leadership don't seem to recognize what's going on... Their ego may crave the flattery and, therefore, they are susceptible. God, help those in leadership discern between good and evil and listen only to the truth.

The bible also says, "Safety is found in a multitude of counselors." (See Proverbs 11:14 and 15:22.) That's wise, Godly counselors---not flatterers.

However, if we speak the truth to one another without wrapping it in love----that's just mean. The truth must always be spoken in love. (See Ephesians 4:15.) ...Sometimes we have to wait on the right moment to even speak at all.

Oh how He loves you and me!

© Copyright 2016 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899429-Speak-the-Truth-In-Love---December-10