*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899771-Weather
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#899771 added December 25, 2016 at 10:35pm
Restrictions: None
Weather
"Weather

I've been lax in keeping up with my blog. I'm going to make an effort to change that. I have always viewed blogging as intimidating at best and a waste of time at worst. I mean after all who wants to read the opinions of a talking head? However blogging is here to stay and a good writer learns to adapt to the needs and requirements of the writing industry. Therefore I am going to attempt to keep and active blog. Perhaps if nothing else I can inspire somebody else to blog about something that truly matters. In keeping my blog I'll be attempting to weigh in the prompts provided by the Blogging Circle of Friends. Today's prompt asked what is our favorite weather phenomena and why?

I really have no favorite weather phenomena. I find weather to be a fascinating science however. It's interesting to study the different elements involved in making weather predictions. It fascinates me how mankind can predict whether a tropical wave, which is nothing more than thunderstorms coming off the coast of West Africa, will become a major named hurricane threatening the coastal USA days ahead of time. Perhaps in the future we may even be able to control these tropical cyclones or prevent them all together. I have to admit that one of the most beautiful forces in nature is a hurricane as viewed from a satellite. Hurricanes look so peaceful and serene in the pictures beamed back yet they are one ot the most destructive weather phenomena known to man!

My second favorite type of weather phenomena is thunderstorms. I've had the distinct pleasure of being on board an aircraft that was forced to fly straight through a thunderstorm. So I got a rare chance to see whatit looks like from above the storm! Looking down into the dark clouds and seeing the flashes of lightning reminded me a lot of scenes from Dante's Inferno. In many ways it was like looking into the mouth of hell. It was both fascinating and terrifying to know that nature could unleash such massive power!

My least favorite weather phenomena is snow. Many people love snow. I guarantee you however that they would change minds if forced to work out in it for hours at a time. I remember working in it until my feet were so numb I couldn't feel my ankles let alone my toes. My pants would often be nothing more than frozen blocks of ice where the snow had melted on me, soaking my pants, and then refrozen, freezing my pants often as high as my hips. Yet the work had to be done and we tolerated no shirkers! So I continued on hating every minute of it.

Winner Blogger of the Week December 11 - December 17, 2016



© Copyright 2016 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899771-Weather