*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899873-Christmas-songs
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#899873 added December 18, 2016 at 8:58pm
Restrictions: None
Christmas songs
"Christmas songs

The BCOF prompt for today is "Christmas Song Memories". I know there isn't a soul living in a country that celebrates Christmas. who doesn't have memories of those old Christmas songs. I wish I could say those memories were pleasant to me but unfortunately I can't. Perhaps it's just the writer coming out of me but after fifty years of hearing the same songs done in the same way by various performers I almost dread even turning on the radio at Christmas time. You would think that with all the talent that exists in the world somebody would have come up with something a new in fifty years. As it is the only new song I recall ever hearing was "Grandma got runned over by a reindeer" and the grammar in it is deplorable! For one thing the past tense of "run" is not "runned" it's "ran"!

Aside from that otherwise funny song however there have been no new songs recorded for Christmas since the advent itself it seems! Christmas to me is a time of outright hypocrisy at best. It's a time when people wish each other prosperity and good will but spend the rest of the year walking on each other to get ahead. Then to have to endure listening to songs written by dinosaurs is far too much. It's bad enough that we face going out every year and spending money we don't have for junk you can't carry out of the store or face the disappointment on the faces of our loved ones. To be bombarded year after year with the same old songs is torture to the ears. I know there are those who disagree and each is entitled to his or her opinion. This however is mine.

© Copyright 2016 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899873-Christmas-songs