*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899932-Moms-Noodles
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#899932 added December 20, 2016 at 3:22am
Restrictions: None
Mom's Noodles
"Mom's Noodles

The BCOF blog prompt for today asked what our favorite holiday dish or recipe is. I don't know that anybody really cares what my opinion on such things is but I'lll weigh in on it anyway.

My favorite holiday dish is one that i will never have the pleasure of eating again. You see there was only one person in the world who could cook it and she died over a year ago. That dish was my mom's homemade noodles. I don't know exactly how she made them but I do know she always used fresh chicken. She never used chicken she bought at the store. She also added enough food coloring to make her noodles an appetizing yellow color as opposed to white balls of dough.

I guess we're all partial to our mother's cooking. So it may not seem to be a big deal to brag on my mom's noodles. What may change your mind however is if I tell you that my sister is the manager of a McDonald's franchise. She took some of mom's noodles to a company picnic once. After that the franchise not only requested that mom make her noodles for all their employee celebrations but they also bought her the ingredients to do so! I guess an endorsement from McDonald's says it all!

© Copyright 2016 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899932-Moms-Noodles