*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900280-Field-Trip
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#900280 added December 26, 2016 at 1:07pm
Restrictions: None
Field Trip
My favorite field trip was my trip to Gettysburg PA to tour the battlefield there. I was selected to go as part of a school trip. I had to write a paper about my experience when I returned thus it was a field trip. We made several stops along the way to Gettysburg including a stop at a forest fire tower that was 375 feet high I believe. It took thirty minutes to get to the top if one practically ran! We all went up and then got dizzy looking down from it. You could see for miles!

The trip also took us to Harper's Ferry WV, the site of John Brown's raid. The wax museums there were incredible. From there we went to Gettysburg where we visited such sites a Seminary Ridge, Little Round Top, and others. I was walking across the field and actually found a musket ball, which I gave to the tour director. I should have kept it but was taught never to steal.

From Gettysburg we came back to WV. We stopped at Charlestown Downs where the teacher placed a bet on behalf on one of the horses. The horse was a long shot but came in second so I won a good bit!

From there we went to beautiful Black Water falls state park and spent the day before returning home.

© Copyright 2016 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900280-Field-Trip