*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901794-Addicted-to-WDC
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#901794 added January 10, 2017 at 6:40am
Restrictions: None
Addicted to WDC?
"Addicted to WDC?

Group signature.

** Image ID #2049085 Unavailable **

The blog prompt for the 30 Day Blogging Challenge is "What's your favorite way of passing the time when your internet connection is interrupted for an extended period of time, especially when you had a lot you planned on taking care of online? Or, if you prefer- real talk- how addicted to the internet are you?"

it's funny that this would be the blog prompt today because I just revamped my review tool template to state that I thought I was becoming addicted to doing reviews and other things on WDC. As a recovering addict I have grown accustomed to the symptoms of addiction, and the way I feel about WDC is noting short of addiction. It doesn't bother me though because I know there are a lot of things much worse that I could be using to fill that void we addicts so often feel. I spoke with my therapist about it and she agrees with my thinking. As long as I don't allow it to interfere with the important things I need to do in life it's not an addiction that will kill me. I have attended many twelve step meetings to watch most of the addicts gather outside after the meeting to practice the most common addiction of all: smoking. If it's brought up to them that smoking is an addiction and with no good qualities whatever and that it will kill you, the typical response is "Yeah, but it doesn't interfere with my life."

WDC doesn't interfere with my life either. If anything it improves my quality of life. I am disabled, thus I don't work. I''m in the process of getting help to locate a part time job, but I haven't worked much most of my life due to my disability. When I do work I work like a horse. I had an eighteen year boy fake an injury on one job I was working simply because I was embarrassing him by working rings around him. He couldn't believe a man old enough to be his great - grandpa could work so hard. In spite of having my moments like that, my disability still interferes with employment. Working on WDC gives me some semblance of a normal life and in that regard improves my quality of life. So if it is an addiction them get me high, please!

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901794-Addicted-to-WDC