*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901801-To-be-foolish-or-not-to-be-foolish
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#901801 added January 10, 2017 at 7:26am
Restrictions: None
"To be foolish or not to be foolish"
""To be foolish or not to be foolish"

** Image ID #2049085 Unavailable **

The Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for 1-10-1017 is "Why do so many writers risk public, private, and/or professional excoriation for the dubious pleasure of writing about themselves?
What is it about sharing one's deepest thoughts or experiences with makes it worth the mayhem?"

I personally think it's the fact that author's as a whole typically have an over inflated sense of self-importance. I mean we have to have an extreme amount of confidence because every time we write something and make it public we're putting ourselves on public display. No writer could ever be called an introvert because we lay it all on the line on a daily basis and are always looking for that one jewel buried within us that will that will make ours a household name. With that in mind, it's easy to see why some writers would run the risk of looking foolish in the public eye. They'd rather look foolish in the public eye than to never be in the spotlight at all. I know the feeling. I've read some of the material I've published in the past and I see the mistakes I made in it, that escaped both the editor and myself. I guarantee you there are readers whom those mistakes do not escape and I likely look pretty foolish to them. Considering many writers will never have the chance to experience being published, and many others would sell their soul for the opportunity to be published, I count myself fortunate to look somewhat foolish in those instances. So I understand completely.

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901801-To-be-foolish-or-not-to-be-foolish