*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902303-Critics
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#902303 added January 15, 2017 at 11:48pm
Restrictions: None
Critics
"Critics

Group signature.

** Image ID #2049085 Unavailable **

The 30 Day Blooging Challenge Prompt for January 16, 2017 is 'Actress Ethel Merman , born on this day back in 1908, once said "I can never remember being afraid of an audience. If the audience could do better, they'd be up here on stage and I'd be out there watching them." How does this quote relate to your blogging? Do you write for any particular audience?"

I can relate to her thinking. It's easy to sit in judgment of something you know absolutely nothing about. I had a critic once who critiqued one of my original books. The man knew absolutely nothing about me at all. The book I had written was old-fashioned rhyme poetry with an inspirational slant. Each poem taught a very valuable lesson learned in my own life through the school of hard knocks. This man ripped me a new one and did so very publicly. He held nothing back in his glaring retort that it was nothing but the work of an amateur because it was old fashioned rhyme. His editor went ahead and published his review but right beside it also had another review written in which the editor stated that the young critic had failed to see that the point of the poetry hadn't been to follow the rules of any particular form, but rather to teach some very valuable lessons about life. The editor had saw the point that the young critic missed. I have since published more books, one of which contained several varieties of poetry and the whole thing has long been virtually forgotten. However I understand Ethel Merman's point. People often criticize things that they know nothing about. I've even had it happen on here. One man literally went spastic because I pointed out a grammar mistake in a piece. He said he was above the use of grammar and all those other creations of men. My thought in response "Good luck with that. Come back when you don't publish anything and let me know how it works out for you."

218143218143

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902303-Critics