*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902344-Meandering-With-Words
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#902344 added January 16, 2017 at 11:14am
Restrictions: None
Meandering With Words
Actress Ethel Merman , born on this day back in 1908, once said "I can never remember being afraid of an audience. If the audience could do better, they'd be up here on stage and I'd be out there watching them." How does this quote relate to your blogging? Do you write for any particular audience?

Owl with signature


I write down what pops up into my mind. It usually is something related to a place I've visited or perhaps looked at from a new view.

I like to write whatever the story is that is flowing out of my mind then go back and edit by adding scenes with dialogue and action that adds to the work. It is not exactly the way I learned in the course I took from New Horizon. The course has a much more organized approach which I like and use, more than before I took the course.

The blog is different. Of course, most of my blogging in the last couple years is for the 30-Day-Challenge. Before I started a blog on WDC, I had a blog that was specifically book reviews on google. Now, on off months from the 30-Day, I try to find subjects that are worth saying something about in real life. It seems to me the media news shows are all about the same subjects and the 3 major networks really don't give you enough information to make a valid decision about what ever story you are watching. PBS has more info in their spots and diverse news.

We don't have cable. Our satellite hookup is only for internet. I guess my answer to the audience for which I write is the one that wants to know things that may not be in front of the public every day. Unfortunately, sometimes that type of information may be things other groups of people don't want the general public to find out. Researching the why or what the heck means digging deep into history and active phenomenon. Personal experience plays a part in that kind of writing. I've discovered if something is happening to me it probably is happening to other people.

Did you know that reporters are one of the at risk groups of people in the world. Reporters who think the public should be told things that may not be common knowledge have a target on their back. I have read books by journalists about the CIA, The FBI, The People who staff our consulates around the world.

Books written by soldiers who participate in wars, Iraq, Afghanistan, Viet Nam really tell things the public may not know about wars. So, I write reviews or tell someone what I hear, read or see. Now on WDC within the 30-Day-Challenge I get to talk to people from other countries. I find we are all more similar that different.


I hope I stayed on subject here I seem to be rambling along lately. I can only use the fact that it is January here and cold as an excuse.

Happy Trails








© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902344-Meandering-With-Words