*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902947-Youre-kidding-right
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#902947 added January 22, 2017 at 11:09pm
Restrictions: None
You're kidding, right?
"You're kidding, right?

** Image ID #2049085 Unavailable **

The Blog City Prompt Forum prompt for January 23, 2016 is "Prompt: Aphrodite, furious for not being honored properly, cast a spell on the women of Lemnos. These women smelled so horribly that their husbands left them.
Do you think a group of people can cast spells or, in other words, really persuade a second group of people into believing they are not quite right to such a degree that the second group's social lives are affected?"

This is a joke right? You've had a nice weekend break and now you're wanting to give us all a question for which there can only be one possible answer: yes!

History is fraught with people who, for whatever reason, believe that different groups of people are inferior. It makes no difference what can of power influenced them to believe that. Right here in our own country, some of the bloodiest periods of our history and some of our most shameful moments were because one group of people wanted to claim superiority over another. One of the biggest causes of the U. S. Civil War for example was slavery. How could one person possibly bring themselves to own another if they looked upon the one they owned as an equal?

The Holocaust was another prime example. The German's obviously felt they were superior to the Jews that they murdered. Adolf Hitler definitely had an entire country influenced whether it was by fear whatever. He still held them spell bound.

America again did begin to learn it's lesson until the Civil Rights movement of the 1960's. Much prejudice still exists today and will exist as long as people have it in their heads that's that their skin color, sex, sexual preference, age, disability, or anything else should afford them any treatment or causes them to be treated in a manner any different from anybody else.

So I look upon that question and think "You're kidding, right?"

218143218143

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902947-Youre-kidding-right