*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903297-Old-TV-New-Generation
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#903297 added January 27, 2017 at 11:37am
Restrictions: None
Old TV-New Generation
Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1926 a Scottish inventor named John Baird demonstrated a pictorial transmission machine called the television. Do you remember seeing your first television...the one your parents had when you were a kid? What were some of your favorite shows? Do you still watch any of the old programs you enjoyed as a teenager?



This book is a Hoot!

The first TV I watched belonged to my Uncle's Family. They owned the farm down the road. I remember walking down the road a couple times with my Grandmother to watch "Lawrence Welk". Grandma was a music teacher in her younger years. Probably in a small country school house. She would sit and sometimes exclaim about some thing a singer was doing wrong. Later in High school I would remember and try to do it right when I sang with the high school choir.

Many people had Television before my family. I grew up reading library books and old books that were kept in a big book case in our home. After my Dad remarried, we visited my stepmother's family every night. They had a TV. There was always baseball, boxing, and Dragnet. Another show I remember was about the FBI chasing gangsters but I don't remember the name.

At some point my Dad bought a TV for our home. Children's weekend entertainment gave us Gene Autry, The Lone Ranger, Roy Rogers, and Sky King as our Saturday entertainment. Even then, I spent more time reading or in the barn or hunting for crayfish in the stream flowing from the pond.

I don't put the next series of shows in any time place. This summer NBC picked up Me-TV from Chicago. We are re watching Roy Rogers, Gunsmoke, Perry Mason, Colombo, Chips, the original McGuiver,The Hulk, Mash and other shows from the past.

We are getting to compare Emergency with Chicago Fire. Both are excellent shows but the social aspects of these fire men are generations apart. They both agree about the need for people who care about rescuing the public from disasters.

If I had grown up watching CSI would I have become a crime scene investigator instead of raising 4 children, milking goats, riding horses, and grooming dogs. Maybe, thoughts like these are what make people believe the soul comes back to earth to live in another body. Things change so drastically down through generations. Makes me wonder what's next. It is fun to watch the old shows but sometimes they bore me. This week I skipped McGuiver to watch "Charlie Rose" and read a good book about cyber crime.

Red Dragon Life Moves On!


© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903297-Old-TV-New-Generation