*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903572-This-and-That
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#903572 added January 30, 2017 at 9:06pm
Restrictions: None
This and That
I'm working away on my Gemini 2. It is a big model even by today's standards. The building notes were included when the plans were sent via a drop box. I can't seem to find where I put them. The first time through I built a half scale version which I completed in two weeks. I really ripped through it and my friend Ron gave me old ned for my sloppy work. Can't argue with him there. The whole purpose was to get a feel for the full sized kit that was expensive. It was well worth it but even though the parts are keyed to the plans it is still a complex undertaking.

The wing came in three parts. These I have framed up. The fuselage was more complicated than I imagined it would be. In the end I just took all the parts and found a home for them, using the blueprint and shape of their outline. Now that is framed up. I put the center wing on top today and it looks pretty good. Next I have to build the tail. When I scratch built the half scale version I realized how complex this part of the construction was. Now I have the kit and I suspect that even with all the parts cut assembly is going to be a bear. Anyway that is the last big remaining hurdle to completing the airframe.

In my class, The Exploratory Writing Workshop attrition has taken its toll. I started out with six students and am down to two. The two are above above average writers and one is quite advanced. Usually I get plenty of questions but this time around it has been pretty quiet.

Linda bought me one of these overstuffed back supports designed for you to sit up in bed. It is a great improvement over cramming some pillows behind my neck. After awhile my back used to start to hurt but so far I've been spared that annoyance. A friend of mine will be visiting on Monday and we will be spray painting my humongous Giant Big Stick. It is mammoth and I don't want to mess it up with the spray gun after coming so far with it.

So I manage to keep myself busy and look forward to starting on the Tail Fin tomorrow.


© Copyright 2017 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903572-This-and-That