*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903708-Quill-Awards
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#903708 added February 1, 2017 at 1:55pm
Restrictions: None
Quill Awards
"Quill Awards

The 30 Day Bloggers Challenge prompt for February 1, 2017 is "Check out "The Quill Awards" , and then take a quick look at the list of items nominated so far (the cutoff for noms was 1/31/17, and the list hasn't been completely updated yet) here: "Quills 2016 Nominations" . Pick one of the items nominated for a 2016 Quill, and review it. Post your review in your blog using the Invalid Review tag, tell us what drew you to that particular piece in the first place, and if you have any previous Quills ceremony experiences please share them with us (and if you don't, based on the links in this prompt, give us your idea of what you think the WDC Quill Awards experience is like from an outsider's perspective)."

My review is Review of "Leaving" .


I don't know much about the Quill Awards but from what I can gather it is the WDC equivalent of winning a Pulitzer Prize, which makes it a great honor. I know a couple of people have told me that they threw my name into the hat for a Quill but I don't know if it was seconded for a nomination or not. It would be nice to receive such recognition. I have been a writer for over 45 years, and considered a professional for about 15 of those. I have essential tremors now, which seriously affect my typing so I hack away spending more time correcting mistakes that I do typing. The greatest award I ever received for my writing was when a professional critic for a major newspaper said my poetry at the time "gave me the potential to be the next Robert Frost, Edgar Allen Poe, or one of those guys".

I don't know that I'd necessarily go that far but I've seen people melt into tears reading my poetry so it must have impact.

** Image ID #2110777 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903708-Quill-Awards