*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903845-Frank-and-Tom
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#903845 added February 3, 2017 at 6:36am
Restrictions: None
Frank and Tom
"Frank and Tom

Just another of my many signatures

The blog prompt for the February 3, 2017 is "Many of the food-related traditions associated with the Chinese New Year--including eating fish, sweet rice dumplings, and certain vegetables--have their origins in Mandarin-language homophonic puns. Jot down a list of food-related homonyms, such as homophonic pairings like "lettuce" and "let us" or "beets" and "beats," or homographic words with multiple meanings like "cake" or "milk." and weave us a story to celebrate. Lettuce begins with the rooster. Creativity matters..."

lettuce and let us

beat and beet

corny and corny

wiener and wiener

hot dog and hot dog

oat and oats


Lettuce begin my short story. It is about two anthropomorphic police officers named Frank and Tom. They would pull people over simply to give them a hard time. If the people would give them some cabbage or a good share of bread they let them go. Frank usually did that. He was a real wiener dog. His partner Tom was one who never followed the rules. He would do things that were foolish and brash. Therefore he was always in trouble. Being in hot water made him even more of a hot dog. The two of them were finally captured. Since they were so full of oats the judge sentenced them to die. They were ordered to eat a straight beet diet because the judge wanted to beet them to death. I know that like this can of corn I'm eating this story was pretty corny but that's life.

218143218143

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903845-Frank-and-Tom