*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904817-Confused
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#904817 added February 16, 2017 at 5:01pm
Restrictions: None
Confused
Today has been a pretty good day in here. No work, so more time to spend catching up, which is always a good thing. I also read some old reviews I had gotten during my absence, and enjoyed most of them. I took time to reply to everyone, express my appreciation, and for a couple, my questions.

Any negative feedback in a review is always difficult to accept, even when it's correct and given for help. But, I still appreciate them, I look at what they have pointed out, and often incorporate quite a bit of what they suggest. Then, there are those positive reviews that really make a person feel good about the item reviewed; they are always appreciated, and I try and let the writer/reviewer know that this is the best reward of writing, knowing someone enjoyed reading it

I always get a few reviews that kind of rate things in the middle, point out a few mistakes or areas that need attention, but also describe improvements that would completely alter the item. As with the other's, I appreciate the time and energy they put into reading my work and providing feedback. I look at the comments they leave and check the item, fixing and changing some of the suggestions, and then just disregard the rest. I believe it comes more from their own personal writing style and would change the item to the way they would have written it. It may be disregarded, but it's still helpful in understanding the various ways of writing something.

All these kinds of reviews are welcome and appreciated. They are all helpful, given with good intentions, and honest. Up until today, I would have to say these are the only types of reviews I have ever received. Sure, there have been a few over the years that didn't really say much about the writing, but even these stated they enjoyed the item, or pointed out something they related to. Even the few, and that's very few, negative reviews and low ratings I have received have stated why they didn't like something and offered a means of correcting it. Well until today, that is.

Today I received a review that did not state anything about the item at all. Nothing indicating it was good, or it was bad, whether the reader enjoyed it or disliked it, nothing on what was right or what was wrong. Nothing at all as far as feedback on the item. it contained a few quotes from something the reviewer had written, but even this was not available to read in their portfolio, being either never put in, or not open to the public. The quotes barely held any significance to the item reviewed, stating only the readers own thoughts on the subject.

Not only didn't they say anything about the item they were reviewing, they did not have any information at all in their portfolio or biography. The only community action was one review, the one they sent me. The only information I could get was that they have been a member here for a handful of years.

I read the review and all I can say is, very confusing.

© Copyright 2017 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904817-Confused